Lexington, KY Homes For Sale & Real Estate
235 homes available on Trulia
Lexington, KY Real Estate Trends
Learn about the Lexington, KY housing market through trends and averages.
Affordability of Living in Lexington, KY
The typical home value is $253,037
Homes are typically worth $167/sqft
Trends and affordability stats are provided by third party data sources.
Average Home Value in Lexington, KY, by Home Size
|Home Size||Home Value*|
|1 bedroom (See homes)||$133,056|
|2 bedrooms (See homes)||$167,319|
|3 bedrooms (See homes)||$236,922|
|4 bedrooms (See homes)||$356,136|
See Homes in Neighborhoods Near Lexington, KY
- Reservorir14 total homes available
- Duncan Park14 total homes available
- Central Downtown12 total homes available
- Fairway-Liberty Heights7 total homes available
- Chevy Chase-Ashland Park6 total homes available
- Southland-Deerfield-Open Gates6 total homes available
- Brookhaven-Lansdowne5 total homes available
- Lexington Cemetery4 total homes available
- Indian Hills-Stonewall Estates-Monticello4 total homes available
- Virginia Ave4 total homes available
- Castlewood Park4 total homes available
- Garden Springs3 total homes available
- Cardinal Hill-Pine Meadow3 total homes available
- Gardenside-Colony3 total homes available
- Blueberry Hill-Brigadoon-Stoneybrook-Baralto3 total homes available
- Kenawood-Rockwood-Hi-Acres-Deep Spring2 total homes available
- Holiday Hills2 total homes available
- Twin Oaks2 total homes available
- Southeastern Hills2 total homes available
- Crestwood-Hinda Heights2 total homes available
- Elkhorn Parks-Radcliff2 total homes available
- Thoroughbred Acres-Kingston1 total homes available
- Eastland Park-Dixie Plantation1 total homes available
- University of Kentucky1 total homes available
- Marriott's Griffin Gate Golf Club1 total homes available
Explore Neighborhoods in Lexington, KY
Skip to last item
Skip to first item
Neighborhood stats provided by third party data sources.
What Locals Say about Lexington
- Trulia User
- 1y ago
"A walk could take 10 to 30 minutes. Public transport is very close. Drive to anywhere down town in 5-10"
- Trulia User
- 1y ago
"Great neighborhood with a lot of kids. Near the Speech and Language Center (school for children with hearing impairments) with great playground. "
- Trulia User
- 2y ago
"I just moved here. So I haven't experienced any just yet. The neighbor is relatively friendly and pretty quiet. People are either jogging or walking their dogs. "
What's it like to live in Lexington?
People who prefer a slower-paced environment will enjoy Lexington. The noise levels in this municipality are low, as the streets are reasonably calm - although that is not the case around the airport (Blue Grass Airport), Interstate 64, US Highway 421 or one of the railway lines. Lastly, reaching public green spaces, like Kentucky Horse Park and Kearney Road Park, is easy from the majority of locations within the municipality and there are over 100 of them close by for residents to visit.
What kinds of homes are available in Lexington?
Single detached homes are the predominant housing type, representing roughly 60% of buildings in Lexington, and the remainder are mainly large apartment buildings and small apartment buildings. This part of Fayette county has a good choice of housing sizes, ranging from lofts to four or more bedrooms. About 55% of the units in the municipality are occupied by homeowners whereas renters occupy the remainder. Around 30% of homes in this part of Fayette county were built in the 1960s and 1970s, while most of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960 and in the 1980s.
What are the schools, restaurants and shopping like in Lexington?
High schools and primary schools are not particularly plentiful in Lexington, and thus not always within walking distance. Residents have the option of public and private schools at both the elementary and secondary school level. With respect to food, it is difficult to get to the closest supermarket by walking in Lexington. There are also a few opportunities for those who value restaurants and cafes in close proximity.
What are the best ways to get around in Lexington?
This municipality is a very good part of the Lexington-Fayette metropolitan area for traveling by car. It is especially convenient to park. On the other hand, Lexington is not very transit friendly. Nonetheless, there are about 10 bus lines crossing the municipality. Traveling on foot is not especially feasible for home buyers in Lexington since very few common errands can be run without the use of a car.