Updated January 21, 2021
A. Zillow, Inc. Zillow, Inc. has a real estate broker license in certain states (see Section 21). However, unless provided for in your Product’s Terms, Zillow, Inc. assumes no responsibility for any result or consequence related directly or indirectly to any action or inaction that you or any consumer takes based on the Services or any other information available through or in connection with the Services.
A. Affiliated Business Relationship Notice: This is to give you notice of business relationships among the following providers. Zillow, Inc. (“ZINC,” which operates Zillow.com and promotes Zillow Offers, among other programs); Zillow Group Marketplace, Inc.(“ZGMI”); Signpost Homes, Inc. (“Signpost”); Zillow Homes, Inc. (“ZHO”), Zillow Home Loans, LLC (“ZHL”); Zillow Closing Services, LLC (“ZCS”), Zillow Closing Services AZNV, LLC (“ZCS-AZNV”) Zillow Closing and Escrow Services CA, Inc (“ZCS CA”)and Zillow Closing Services TX, LLC (“ZCS-TX”) are affiliated companies and each may refer to you the services of another. ZINC, ZGMI, Signpost, ZHO, ZHL, ZCS, ZCS-AZNV, ZCS-TX are each indirectly wholly owned by Zillow Group, Inc. through one or more subsidiaries. Because of these relationships, any referrals of you by any of the Zillow Companies may provide the referred company, its direct or indirect parent (including Zillow Group), and their respective employees with a financial or other benefit.
B. Zillow Group Marketplace and Zillow Home Loans. Except for ZHL, the Zillow Companies do not provide or utilize any information for use in loan-related decisions, and you acknowledge and agree not to use any information obtained from ZGMI or any other Zillow Companies’ Services for loan related decisions. If you choose to engage with ZHL, you will be subject to ZHL’s separate Product’s Terms. You can find more information about ZHL’s mortgage lending services at https://www.zillowhomeloans.com.
4. Use of the Services; Restrictions.
5. Prohibited Use. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
▪ reproduce, modify, distribute, display or otherwise provide access to, create derivative works from, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any portion of the Services, except as explicitly permitted by any Product’s Terms to the extent applicable to that product’s Services;
▪ provide/post/authorize a link to any of the Services (including but not limited to an agent profile page) from a third-party website that is not a real estate-related website owned or operated by a real estate or lending professional or institution;
▪ remove or modify any copyright or other intellectual property notices that appear in the Services;
▪ use the Services in any way that is unlawful, or harms the Zillow Companies, its service providers, suppliers, affiliates, or any other user;
▪ use the Services in any way to discriminate against any individual or class of individuals protected under federal, state or local laws, or which may have a discriminatory impact against any individual or class of individuals, or which otherwise promotes illegal, racist or discriminatory activities or outcomes;
▪ distribute or post spam or other unsolicited messages, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or similar communications through the Services;
▪ impersonate another person, misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity, or make any representation to any third party under false pretenses;
▪ reproduce, publicly display, or otherwise make accessible on or through any other website, application, or service any reviews, ratings, or profile information about real estate, lending, or other professionals, underlying images of or information about real estate listings, or other data or content available through the Services, except as explicitly permitted by us for a particular portion of the Services;
▪ upload invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents to the Services;
▪ post, reproduce, publicly display, or otherwise make accessible any content, which we, in our sole judgement and discretion, consider illegal, offensive or objectionable including without limitation content that harasses, discriminates, demeans, threatens or disparages any individual or class of individuals;
▪ interfere with, or compromise the system integrity or security of the Services, or otherwise bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services;
▪ conduct automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers, bypassing “captcha” or similar precautions, or any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the Services) on the Services;
▪ use any of the Zillow Companies' trademarks as part of your screen name or email address on the Services;
▪ access or use any of the Services to develop competitive products or services; or
▪ attempt to, or permit or encourage any third party to, do any of the above.
B. Subscriptions. The Services may include features that allow for automatically recurring payments for periodic charges (“Subscription Service”). If you decide to activate a Subscription Service, you authorize us to periodically charge, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation of either the recurring payments or your account, all accrued sums on or before the payment due date for the accrued sums. The subscription will continue unless and until you cancel your subscription, or we terminate it. You must cancel your Subscription Service before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next periodic subscription fee to your account. We will bill the periodic subscription fee to the payment method you provide to us during registration (or to a different payment method if you change your payment information). We may change the subscription fee for any subsequent subscription period but will provide you advance notice of any increase before it applies. Unless otherwise stated in your Product’s Terms, you may cancel a Subscription Service through the settings page in your account; by contacting us at, email@example.com; or, if applicable, by contacting your business consultant.
7. User Materials.
8. 3rd Party/Linked Services/Sent information.
B. Certain Third-Party Services.
(i)Referrals and Lead Sales.As part of the Services, you may be connected with a real estate professional. You authorize us to make such referral or lead sale and acknowledge that we may be paid valuable consideration for facilitating such connection. As part of the Services, you may be connected to a party that provides mortgage loan origination services, title and escrow services, or other settlement services. . In the event that any of these parties have an affiliated relationship with any of the Zillow Companies, then one or more of the Zillow Companies may receive a financial or other benefit from the referral between such affiliates
(ii) Non-Affiliated Financial Products. If you choose to contact a non-affiliated bank, mortgage lender, financial institution, mortgage loan originator, loan broker, or other mortgage professional through the Services by filling out a contact, other request form or otherwise indicating your interest in contacting (or being contacted by) a Third-Party Provider (including requests for mortgage rate quotes) on the Services, you authorize the Zillow Companies, and Zillow Group Marketplace, Inc., in particular to provide the information you submit to the Third-Party Provider. If you include your name, contact information and other information in a request, your identity will no longer be anonymous to the Third-Party Provider. Your submission of information and any request for quotes through the Services is not an application for credit. In the case of non-affiliated financial products, the Zillow Companies are only providing an administrative service to consumers and participating Third-Party Providers. Loan approval standards are established and maintained solely by individual Third-Party Providers. Decisions in any related non-affiliated transactions are made by participating Third-Party Providers and are not made by the Zillow Companies and the Zillow Companies are not responsible for the underwriting activities or credit decisions of any Third-Party Provider. Any non-binding quotes provided by the Zillow Companies for Third-Party Providers’ financial products are not intended to be official Loan Estimates as defined in the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act or the Truth in Lending Act or otherwise serve as a disclosure of any specific loan terms or conditions under any state or federal law. Interest rates displayed through the Services are for informational purposes only and reflect non-binding quotes of the terms a Third-Party Provider might offer an applicant fitting a consumer’s anonymous profile. Actual interest rates may vary. Consumers should rely on their own judgment in deciding which available loan product, terms, and Third-Party Provider best suit their needs and financial means. Except as set forth in Section 8(b)(i) above or as otherwise disclosed to you or provided in other Product’s Terms, the Zillow Companies: (a) are not a Third-Party Provider, loan originator, loan processor or underwriter; (b) do not aid or assist applicants in obtaining loans, solicit applicants or Third-Party Providers for loans, or offer or negotiate terms of applications or loans; (c) do not take mortgage applications, make loans or credit decisions or prequalify or preapprove applicants for loans; (d) are not an agent of either any consumer or any Third-Party Provider; (e) do not endorse, refer or recommend any Third-Party Provider that pays The Zillow Companies or the products of any Third-Party Provider that pays the Zillow Companies; (f) are not responsible for any errors or delays caused by consumers or any Third-Party Provider in the loan process; and (g) do not guarantee offer of, or acceptance into, any particular loan program or specific loan terms, conditions, or rates with any Third-Party Provider, or that any rates or terms will be the best available.
(iii) Rental Products. If you choose to submit your information in order to submit a background or credit check, you are subject to the Checkr and Experian terms as described in Section 8(C) below. We do not process, or store background or credit check information related to its rental products and do not control how a landlord uses background or credit check information in evaluating their applications. We do not guarantee any acceptance by a landlord of an application but do require all landlords using the Services to comply with the Fair Housing Act and other applicable laws.
C. Additional Terms for Third Party Services. Certain aspects of the Services include third-party tools that are subject to additional third-party terms, including, but not limited to, the following:
(iii) Stripe. Some of the Services allow you to use Stripe Connect to make payments to other users and may include additional processing or application fees detailed when you choose to connect to Stripe. Your use of Stripe is subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, available at https://stripe.com/us/connect-account/legal. Additionally, by using Stripe, you agree not to use Stripe (and the Services generally) for any Prohibited Business purposes, as listed at https://stripe.com/us/prohibited-businesses.
(vii) Experian. Some of the Services allow you to use the Experian Connect service to submit a request for a credit check be sent to a landlord. If you use the Experian services, you agree to the Experian Connect Terms and Conditions, available at https://connect.experian.com/legal/terms.html.
Intellectual Property Notices:
Certain content on the Services is owned by ZIP+4 data and the United States Postal Service. To view a complete list of our issued patents and active trademarks, click here. The names of actual companies, products, and services mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. We do not assert copyright or grant any rights to the underlying images or descriptions of real estate listings provided through the Services. Any use of these images and descriptions is subject to the copyright owner's permission and the requirements of applicable law.
10. Feedback. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding the Services, including related to any of the Zillow Companies’ Materials (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant us an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free right to use the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including the improve the Services or create other products and services.
11. DMCA; Claims of Copyright Infringement. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and ask that everyone using the Services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify our copyright agent in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), by providing the following information:
(i). Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(ii). Identification of the material that you claim is infringing and needs to be removed, including a description of where it is located on the Services so that the copyright agent can locate it;
(iii). Your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address, so that the copyright agent may contact you about your complaint; and
(iv). A signed statement that the above information is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf in this situation.
Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent as follows:
1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31
Seattle, WA 98101
Attention: Copyright Agent
If relating to content on Trulia.com and related websites: DMCA_notice_email@trulia.com
If you give notice of copyright infringement by e-mail, we may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.
20. Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Service or to receive further information regarding use of the Service.
21. Contact Information and License Disclosures. The Services are offered by Zillow, Inc. and its affiliates, located at 1301 Second Avenue, Floor 31, Seattle, WA 98101. You may contact the Zillow Companies by sending correspondence to that address or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. See a complete list of Zillow, Inc.’s real estate brokerage licenses, here.
Zillow Group Marketplace, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zillow, Inc. and has its headquarters at 1301 Second Ave., 30th floor, Suite 3000-A, Seattle, Washington 98101. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) Identification Number for Zillow Group Marketplace, Inc. is 1303160. To see a complete list of Zillow Group Marketplace, Inc.’s licenses, see Licensing and Disclosures, EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY.
Zillow Home Loans, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zillow, Inc., and has its headquarters at 10975 El Monte, Overland Park, KS 66211. The NMLS Identification Number for Zillow Home Loans, LLC is 10287. To see a complete list of Zillow Home Loans, LLC’s licenses, see this Licensing page. ZILLOW HOME LOANS, LLC IS AN EQUAL HOUSING LENDER.
Zillow Closing Services, LLC, Zillow Closing Services AZNV, LLC and Zillow Closing Services TX, LLC are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Zillow Group, Inc. Licensing information for the Zillow Closing Services entities can be found here.