Putting health and safety first
Our top priority is ensuring the safety and health of our customers, partners and employees. We are actively monitoring our communities, public health authority recommendations and local housing markets to adapt to conditions as needed. We’ve taken a number of steps to support this commitment and are prepared to take more as needed.
How we are supporting our customers
- To comply with local public health orders and in support of COVID-19 mitigation efforts across the U.S., we have added advisories to listings with open houses. The notice encourages social distancing and the use of virtual tours, such as Trulia 3D Home tours, and video consultations.
- We are also working together as a portfolio of companies to provide information about navigating buying, selling and renting during COVID-19.
How we are working with our partners
- To best serve our shared customers and support our valued partnerships, we have discounted our Premier Agents’ fees. We are covering 50% of their costs for the next month.
- We are working with partners in Rentals, Mortgages and New Construction businesses to offer discounts and/or extensions during this uncertain time to help them support our shared customers.
- We are providing new resources for our agent and broker partners. In an effort to help them adapt their business while remaining sensitive to rapidly changing guidelines we are sharing information such as the virtual business best practices and important changes to tour connections.
How we are helping our employees
- We’re taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Based on the recommendations of the CDC and other health organizations to promote social distancing, all Zillow Group employees across all of our offices are encouraged to work from home at this time. We are providing flexible work schedules to help our team navigate child care and other challenges.
- Our employees want to make a difference, and we’re supporting them by identifying giving opportunities with organizations on the front lines of response efforts. Trulia will continue to match employee donations so personal giving can have an even greater impact. We are also highlighting volunteer opportunities that allow for social distancing, like Family Eldercare’s “Lifetime Connections Without Walls,” where people can talk to an elderly person on the phone or even run a virtual bingo game.
At Trulia, we strive every day to build a more neighborly world. That phrase—and mindset—has never been more top of mind than it is today.