Trulia’s #AtHomeHere Sweepstakes
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering the Trulia ® #AtHomeHere Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). By participating in this Trulia, LLC (“Trulia”) Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM, INC. OR FACEBOOK, INC.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry, and who have not won a prize in a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by Trulia in the 12 months preceding the Sweepstakes start date. Employees, directors or consultants of Trulia, LLC, theSkimm, Inc., Thrillist Media Group, Inc. and their parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, members and agencies that are involved in the development, administration, promotion, implementation or execution of this Sweepstakes or any of its materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, including half-and step-family members) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 29, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”), ends on October 9, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Promotion Period”) and consists of six (6) different prize drawings (each a “Prize Drawing Period”) as outlined in the chart below:
|Prize Drawing Periods||Start Date at 12:01 a.m. PT||End Date at 11:59 p.m. PT||Approximate Prize Drawing Date|
|Prize Drawing 1||August 29, 2016||September 4, 2016||September 5, 2016|
|Prize Drawing 2||September 5, 2016||September 11, 2016||September 12, 2016|
|Prize Drawing 3||September 12, 2016||September 18, 2016||September 19, 2016|
|Prize Drawing 4||September 19, 2016||September 25, 2016||September 26, 2016|
|Prize Drawing 5||September 26, 2016||October 2, 2016||October 3, 2016|
|Prize Drawing 6||October 3, 2016||October 9, 2016||October 10, 2016|
Trulia’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit http://trulia.com/athomehere and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including a valid email address. By registering for this Sweepstakes, you will also be creating a Trulia.com account (if one does not already exist) and opting-in to receive email communications from Sponsors regarding future events and promotions unless you have previously opted-out.
Limit: During the Promotion Period, you may only (a) enter through the Sweepstakes Landing Page one (1) time and (b) receive one (1) bonus entry for following Trulia on Instagram, provided, however, that in no event may an eligible person win more than one (1) prize during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Instagram or Trulia account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification (including, for example, entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional services). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
If participating in this Sweepstakes via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Each wireless carrier’s rate plan may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for information on data plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes.
4. Selection of Winner: During each of the six (6) Prize Drawing Periods, one (1) winner will be selected by a random drawing from all entries that adhere to these Official Rules. Non-winning entries from each Prize Drawing Period will carry over into the next Prize Drawing Period. The potential winners of each of the six (6) Prize Drawing Periods will be notified via email or phone on the Approximate Prize Drawing Date for each Prize Drawing Period. Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which must be received by Trulia, within five days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If (i) the potential winner(s) of any prize cannot be contacted; (ii) the potential winner(s) fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if applicable); (iii) the prize is returned as undeliverable; or (iv) if the potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Trulia will award the prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries submitted during the Promotion Period. Three (3) alternate drawings will be held for each Prize Drawing Period, after which the prize will remain un-awarded for that Prize Drawing Period. The prize will be fulfilled approximately 8‑10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion Period.
Verification of Potential Winner: THE POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSORS, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
5. Prize: Six (6) winners (one (1) winner for each of the six Prize Drawing Periods) will each receive a check for $1,000. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all prizes is $6,000. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or exchanges of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Each winner is solely responsible and agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations pertaining to use and enjoyment of the prize. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prize or components of a prize. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
6. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. Each winner will be issued a tax form 1099 for the ARV of the prize awarded. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, unless you have previously opted-out, you agree to receive marketing email communications from Sponsors. You may unsubscribe from such email communications at any time.
8. Release: By entering into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Facebook, Instagram and their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, Etc.: Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission for Sponsors and their agents to use each winner’s name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Sweepstakes, you consent to being contacted by Sponsors for any purpose in connection with this Sweepstakes, even if you previously opted out of receiving marketing communications from Sponsors.
10. General Conditions: Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. In such event, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SPONSORS’ WEBSITES, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEBSITES, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE PROVISIONS REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE VOID IN SOME PROVINCES WHERE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE PRESCRIBED BY LAW.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITES, APPLICATIONS OR ANY SERVICES RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, you agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in King County, Washington; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
14. Winner List; Rules Request: For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after October 10, 2016 and before November 30, 2016 to Trulia at the address listed below, Attn: #AtHomeHere Sweepstakes. Residents of VT may omit return postage. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, http://trulia.com/athomehere.
15. Intellectual Property Notice: Trulia is the registered trademark of Trulia, LLC. The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 by Trulia, LLC. All rights reserved.
16. Sponsors: Trulia, LLC, 535 Mission Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, California 94105; theSkimm, Inc., 49 West 23rd Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10010; and Thrillist Media Group, Inc., 658 Broadway, Suite 506, New York, New York 10012.