Sandersville is a town in Jones County, Mississippi. It is part of the Laurel micropolitan area. Scottish settlers migrated here during the 1820s, and built the Good Hope Presbyterian Church. In 1855, the town was named after the Sanders, a pioneer family. Home construction was influence by the Victorian Era, as there are a noticeable number of cupolas in the town.
The trees here are very tall and offer a lot of coverage in the summer time, which keeps Sandersville cool.