Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Wisconsin : Real Estate Advice

  • All189
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying107
  • Home Selling25
  • Market Conditions7

Activity 231
Wed Jan 8, 2014
Matt Piper answered:
Bob, There are many good and qualified agents that can get the job done in Sheboygan. So you need to find the one of them that fits your personality and puts you at ease. I would nominate myself but that is self serving and I am here to serve you. I can give you a list of names of the Realtors that I would contact to interview for the job of marketing your home, maximizing your profits, and making you feel as if you were important and the only person that has that Realtors attention. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 3, 2010
Judith Schmidt Arnold asked:
Wed Jun 2, 2010
Eric D Lenz answered:
It is best if you CAN sell first as far as cost and smooth transactions. You can certainly negotiate better when you are buying if you don't have to sell a property first. Getting a FIRST mortgage these days is not the easy going that it was just a couple years ago. The pendulum has swung!

You can take out two mortgages. People do it a regularly for second or vacation homes. You will just have to qualify for the second mortgage just as you did for the first. But, you'll still have the first, so you need plenty of income to support 2 mortgages.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 28, 2012
Christine Moran Realtor & Notary answered:
You can check the deed transactions for the area or contact your local REALTOR. Most will be happy to check for you.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 14, 2014
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
As the seller you have the option to accept or reject or counter the offer. My suggestion is to see how much activity you get at your asking price. If there isn't enough activity or if you are only getting low offers you may want to consider reducing your asking price. It really depends on how motivated you are to sell. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon May 4, 2015
Guy Gimenez answered:
As long as you're not planning on getting retail price for your home, this may be a good way to sell. Investors typically pay approx. 70% of a home's market value when paying cash, or slightly more if the seller is offering to sell on terms (lease purchase, owner finance, etc.) and less if the home needs lots of repairs. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed May 12, 2010
Dp2 answered:
I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into yet another "you really should use an agent to sell" diatribe.

As an investor, sometimes it's easier to sell properties via an agent, and other times it's easier to sell them as FSBOs. In the cases where I opt for FSBO, the commission has absolutely NO influence in my decision making. I've already accounted for the selling-side commission related costs when I purchased the property, so the commissions are a non-issue. The primary reason I'd opt to not use an agent for selling properties is that I didn't find one who was flexible enough to with me. In other words, if I sense that most agents in an area aren't comfortable working on deals with creative financing, then I most likely won't work with them--even for cash-only deals. I'm deeply concerned about the relationship for the long-term. I want to work with someone who's flexible and open-minded. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon May 3, 2010
Bill Eckler answered:

The lowest price doesn't always represent the best opportunity.....but buyers will want to see the lower priced home if for no other reason than using it as a comparison.

Our recommendation is to do whatever you can to make your home "the one" they remember. Creating the best impression can make the difference...clean, declutter, organize, paint, anything necessary to make your home sparkle and then watch the buyers smile.

Good luck

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 8, 2010
None answered:
The master suite is a better choice by far. In-law quarters really don't do much for the value of a home.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 8, 2010
Desi2p answered:
Sat Apr 3, 2010
Emelia Sanchez answered:
Your listing agent can do this for you when they input in the MLS it will go to many Real Estate sites.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Dan Chase answered:
The real question is a bit different. IS new construction selling there or not? If new construction is selling well a contractor could be looking for more land to develop. If new house sales are not happening it is very unlikely.

There is one other possibility. If the 2 homes are horrible, but have good well and septic you could call the fire dept. Have them practice and get rid of your houses that way. Then drag in a trailer or double wide. You now have 2 sellable properties. It is a bit of an expense and a gamble, but could be a workable plan.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 10, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
It depends what you need it for and what type of funding you are obtaining or if it is a proof of funds for a cash transaction, if you want to come back and add some details i can go into mroe detail. in most cases a proof of funding letter is used when purchasing a bank owned property and they want proof you are preapproved for financing and if private money, proof they are lending ___ amount for purchase of __ property and closing on ___. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 17, 2010
Bill Schumacher answered:
I'm sorry I can't help you. Call an attorney who specializes in this. You can also research this on a legal hotline. Best of luck! Bill
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 7, 2010
Deborah Madey answered:
Are you listed in MLS at all - as in a flat fee listing? If you are in MLS, where do the inquiry calls go? How those are handled can impact your traffic.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 5, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
You may wish to consult with an attorney specializing in real estate for all related paperwork.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 24, 2013
Eric D Lenz answered:
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Susan Goldy answered:
If you know what price you want to ask, you simply inform the agent that you are working with about the price change. If you are unsure about how much and when you should implement a price change, you should seek the advice of a professional Realtor in your area. If you have concerns about the agent you are dealing with, call the managaer or owner/broker directlly of the agency.
Best regards,
Susan Goldy
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
If you have to sell don't wait, list your condo--who knows what tomorrow will bring. Why not contact a few realty offices, interview some agents and choose the one you like best--you need to be aware of recently sold similar properties in the immediate in order to determine a fair listing price--the information is free--without looking at the data first, too early to determine any loss/gain. Your agent will guide you best. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat May 3, 2014
Gerard Dunn answered:
Whoever sold the most - is not necessarily the best.

Interview 3 Realtors in the area that come recommended. Although you may end up with the most prolific Realtor in the community - you may find a less productive, but hard working agent that can give you and your listing more time and attention.

Good luck!
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
... 5 6 7 8 9 ...
Search Advice