Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Westmoreland County : Real Estate Advice

  • All5
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Buyit,

A mortgage is a lien. Do you mean there's another type of lien in addition to your mortgage? Have you tried doing a Short Sale?

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 1, 2010
John Juarez answered:
Lenders with whom I have worked on short sales want to see a copy of the listing that was posted on the multiple listing service. They want proof that the house was properly marketed in an attempt to get the highest and best offer. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 11, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Why are you unhappy living there one wonders, are you in a new area,etc., --consider giving yourself time to adjust to your new surroundings--if giving yourself time to adjust is not option, consider listing your property now-- why wait if truly unhappy. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
Monir Mamoun answered:
All inspections should find "everything" wrong with a home. It usually runs to several pages. But only a small number of those items will usually warrant correction prior to repair. As a relo company Cartus has to cover its bases from a liability perspective, so it needs to detail everything. You'll find much the same, as well as a lot of strict indemnification boilerplate, from any experienced relocation company. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 6, 2009
Lori Jeltema answered:
what's your address? Maybe it was accidentally put in as pending in the system instead of under contract. Our system changed about a year ago where were were not forced to have the listing show as 'under contract' in the mls search results. It's frustrating to figure the problem out sometimes. Call your agent if you have one. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 1, 2009
Jennifer Blanchard answered:
I recommend fixing it. In my market, the houses with any sort of handicap are sitting the longest. The longer you sit, the more you will have to negotiate. Even if you price to account for the problem, the buyer will take some number off for it as well - why let them set the "cost"? It's better to repair it and just let it be a non-issue.

I just went through this with a listing of mine - there was a bulge in the basement wall. My client figured we'd get an estimate for the repair and provide that along with the disclosure statement. But the thing is, buyers like to have their own evaluation - often when I'm present when a contractor comes to a property with a problem, they want to know if my client is the buyer or the seller - - as if there might be a different answer for each...

So, why let the buyer evaluate the problem? I honestly think that it will cost you more NOT to fix it.

Good Luck!

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 15, 2008
Terrence Charest answered:
If the buyer who went bankrupt tried to get a loan under the pretense of never having a bankruptcy, then yes. But this goes against mortgage laws, not real estate sales person laws (as far as I know). On the same token, if I had a client and "knew" they had a bankruptcy, I would have darned well made sure that they were pre authorized to get a loan AND made sure the lender knew of the bankruptcy. If the buyer was just snowballing everyone, or even just the lender, it is punishable by jail time. Federal. It is fraud and theft. Plain and simple.

If you are the seller whom all this happen to, I would highly advise of obtaining legal council and getting the police involved. But you need to be sure he lied on the loan application, where it would have asked if the borrower has ever had a bankruptcy filed in the past "x" years.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Terrence Charest.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Rayman asked:
i am selling my store in jeannette PA
This is great chance for investment and start up your own business .
25 miles form pittsburgh airport
3 miles away for sams club wal ma...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Rayman asked:
If you have plan to start up your own business , i am moving to other state for i am selling this properity it is planet fitness center can be remodel right now it is under ...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 12, 2012
M answered:
I spent over 20 years as a contractor and if someone came to me even 10 years back to repair an issue like yours, I would fix it. However, I think the law would be on their side. The best think to do is go face to face, be polite, but firm and professionally recommend that they take care of it. Best of Luck
Terry Molnar
The Schaffer Realty Group
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2008
Don Tepper answered:
Check with a real estate lawyer. I'm not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice. However:

It's not likely you can accomplish what you want with a quit claim deed. A quit claim deed relinquishes any right you have in a property. What you want to do is subdivide the property. And that likely involves an application and approval process with the appropriate city or county. And there likely are a bunch of regulations you have to comply with--access to transportation, for instance, so that the property isn't landlocked. If the property has/needs a well or septic, you may need the well dug or the land perced. There may be a minimum size of lot required, especially if it's on well or septic. And on and on.

Again, get a good real estate lawyer. Tip: Get one who has good connections with the licensing county or city. A current or former mayor or town councilman would be good. A lot of zoning decisions are made not just on the facts, but on personal connections, too.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 2, 2014
Jodi Strober- Bucks & Montgomery County PA answered:
I believe if it is a cash offer with no conditions (inspections, mortgage contingency, addendums etc.) then the seller must sell.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Search Advice