Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Westlake : Real Estate Advice

  • All7
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying0
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Sat Jun 26, 2010
Dan Chase answered:
There should be engineers who check out the dams and levees every year or every few years. They would be from some state agency ( no idea which one). If you can find that state agency in charge of dams and levees you should be able to get the report saying if it is in good or bad shape. Your state representatives (like state house) should be able to help you find out this information.

I would also look for a projected flood damage zone if the levee did break. Some areas would not need flood insurance. Everyone there would be gone and not able to collect it. I would check to see if you can get federal flood insurance. It seems to be cheapest.

This may not have helped at all. I still have no idea about the actual question that was asked.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice