Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

West Los Angeles : Real Estate Advice

  • All62
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying23
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 21
Mon Feb 25, 2013
Jamie Tian answered:

By law, real estate agents are not supposed to comment on the safety of areas. Here is some info regarding crime rates in the 90048 zip code:,CA,90048/

Are you looking to purchase or lease in that area? Please let me know if you would like me to send you a list of available properties at no cost.

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE #01920120
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 21, 2016
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377 answered:
I can help you with your purchase!

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Tammy Hunt answered:
At the NOD stage an agent would do a title search on your behalf to see what is going on with title and if it is free and clear of any complications. The process of putting in an offer if the home is already on the market would be same proces as a standard sale with the lender giving you details of the lien(s) that exist on the home.
If you are approaching the owner without an agent representing you it can get pretty dicey and a legal tangle can ensue so I would discourage you from proceeding unrepresented.
If you need anything else please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I can assist.

Best regards,
Tammy Hunt
Nelson Shelton & Associates
355 N. Canon Dr.
Beverly Hills CA 90210
Lic# 01275416
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 20, 2012
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi Moreforless,
I also enjoy watching that show. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any companies that perform all of those services. You may have to piece out the different processes. I am hoping someone else responds with a few leads for you.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Lance King answered:
C.A.R. stand for the California Association of Realtors, and they provide transactional forms for real estate transactions.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Emily Knell answered:

This is a popular website to check out schools!
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Philip Keppel answered:
Right now is an excellent time to buy a home since interest rates and prices are quite low historically. It is hard to predict where the market will go but many people find areas close to transportation highly desirable. My wife and I work as a team and we suggest buyers drive through neighborhoods at various times of the day to see how it looks. Since there are two of us we would have plenty of time to help you investigate the area and homes you are interested in. Please visit our website to learn more about us. Best of look.
Phil and Jill Keppel
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Jan 12, 2016
JB Fung answered:
Hi Susan,

Step 1 is to choose a realtor to guide you with the search and guide you on the purchase offer and escrow.
Step 2 is to get pre-qualified for a home loan, which a realtor can refer you to a professional & reputable lender.

I would be happy to help you with this process, please feel free to contact me on my cell to dicuss.

JB Fung
Sotheby's International Realty
Direct 310-888-3847
Cell 323-687-1170
Fax 323-927-1650
DRE# 01332492
... more
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Fri May 28, 2010
Monique & Joe Carrabba answered:
Hello Hillary,

I plan on having open houses. I think it's a great weekend to hold something open :)

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 9, 2010
Bob Alston answered:
No the bond pays to finish the condo if they leave without finishing the job.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 13, 2010
Anthony Perez answered:
You're searching for a history of what? If there's a history of poor workmanship? Get his license # go online to the CSLB see what they have then check his bond history and see if there have been claims on his bonds is all I can think of.

You can go to the courthouse and search for any litigation's.

You can also pay for a detailed CSLB history and complaints, name changes, warnings, etc. I believe it's $75.00

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 28, 2011
Peter Stewart answered:
Well, for the most part no, there are no up and coming neighborhoods. However, over the past few years Culver City has been revitalized and is much more attractive than it was 5-6 years ago. The downtown area has a lot of upscale restaurants and bars and has become very popular with the young professional crowd. The arts district (on Washington Blvd) is also becoming more popular as the area is being cleaned up.

I specialize in property on the Westside and would be happy to talk about the various areas/neighborhoods with you. My contact information is below.

Peter Stewart
Keller Williams Realty Westside
310-420-7053 (cell)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 1, 2009
Judith Gottesfeld answered:
If you can handle a 1-bedroom...

Call me 310-622-7441

Judith Gottesfeld
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 13, 2010
Keith Sorem answered:
Average Days On Market is about 100. However, your profile says you are a home seller.

If you are selling your home with a REALTOR, ask them to provide you with the number of homes like yours that, since your property hit the market, have:
Come onto the market
reduced their price
entered escrow

The truth is that home that sell first usually sell for closest to asking price. The longer a home sits, the greater the gap. In your area, that means if the homes sell in a month, they average about 98% of asking. At 120 DOM that drops to about 93%. With home values declining about 1% per month, there is no value in pricing a home above market value.

The best way to get market value is to UNDER PRICE the home and start a bidding contest.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 1, 2009
Joey Sacavitch answered:
West LA is getting it's values hit like every where else. You need to be more specific about which area you would like to live in.
Culver City is in the 550k -800K
West LA is about the same there are great deals on condos in this area also. if you could give me a more focused area I can give you specific numbers. The important thing to remember is that the deal is not on the surface . you need to make offers to find them

Buyers in this current market have great opportunities!!! To capitalize on the “Now Market “you have to be in relationship with a Realtor who knows what it takes to get you the BEST PRICE and also GET THE DEAL CLOSED!!
We call this Professional Representation; and what it includes is a deep understanding of the complexities of this current market.
-First and most important is your Buyers Financial Package. Packaging yourself up for the home buying process will help you understand what kind of house best fits your needs, as well as make your offer standout from others.
-Knowledge of Inventory, knowing what is for sale, what has sold, what is pending, and what is coming on the market will position you for a quick response when you want to write an offer as well as help in determining a value for each property .
-Understanding of Current Procedures and Practices, we attend weekly classes to keep us educated on the new legal forms and procedural changes that we need to close a deal.
In addition, there are First time Buyer and New Construction Tax Credits up to $18,000 in the state of California. We will help you take advantage of any and all advantages you may have as a first time home buyer.
Joey Sacavitch
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 5, 2009
Aida Pinto answered:
Andrew--you can search the So Cal Mls for free. PLease visit my website: If you see one you like please call and I will do futher investigating, and set up a showing. Signed up to receive daily or weekly updates--you will be one of the first to see a listing---sometimes even beofe some Realtors! To get a free list on Bank Owned properties email--as you can't get one just of Bank Own properities unless I set up a account for you. Let me know! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 27, 2009
Alan May answered:
What are they thinking?

Apparently they're NOT thinking, because as you point out... they either have to credit/repair for the buyer in hand (who's obviously closing in a few days), or repair for the next buyer, who will purchase for some "unknown amount" (maybe not as high as you've paid), and close at some "unknown time/date"...maybe 90 days or more from now... so more carrying costs. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 6, 2008
Joan Patterson answered:
Dear Bryan,

You certainly can ask whatever you would like to, however, if the seller is willing to get the problem fixed, I would think that should take care of the situation. I would talk to your realtor and ask him or her what their opinion would be. I know this is frustrating for you, but it never hurts to ask if you would like a price reduction. Remember, the seller could always say, "no", but they could say "yes", so it does not hurt. An amendment can be done through escrow for the price reduction. I always ask anyhow, because you will never know unless you do! Sounds like you will still purchase the place, but they don't need to know this. Have you already removed all of your contingencies?
Good luck!
Joan Patterson, B.A., A.S.P., G.R.I., Realtor
Keller Williams Realty
8250 Whilte Oak, Ste 102
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 15, 2012
Irina Netchaev answered:
It never hurts to hire a RE lawyer if you are concerned that you will not be represented professionally.

A full service broker whose services are usually paid for by the seller that is referred and experienced will be able to take much better care of you in the long run. A full service agent, in almost most instances, will know their local market and trends. He or she will not just sit at the computer sending you lists of homes. They will guide you in the process and will help you make the right decision on the offer price of the house. Ultimately, they will save you a lot more money by ensuring that you are paying the right price for the house and that you are making a decision that in the long run (most full time brokers will be looking ahead to the time you sell and will advise you accordingly) will be beneficial for you.

Just remember "you get what you paid for". Rebate brokers are usually rebating because they are not very strong.

Best of luck to you in finding your home, whichever broker you end up using!
... more
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 31, 2008
Ron Werner answered:
Utilities some of which may be included in the HOA fees. A condo owners insurance policy is a good idea too as it covers what the structural coverage of the HOA doesn't like your funiture and personal possessions. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice