Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

West Caldwell : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 8
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Robert and Sandra Bolcar answered:
If there is land available, but please explain your question and I can certainly help you more efficiently. I'll be glad to help.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 21, 2013
Gina Chirico answered:

You should be able to remove his name from the deed prior to you selling the home - this way there's no delay when it comes time to close on the home. I'm not sure of the entire process involved but I do believe after my mom passed away, my dad changed the deed to his name only. You would need to provide the county and/or clerk where the deed is filed with certified copy of the death certificate and there may be some type of filing fees involved.

If you'd like you can send me an email and I will ask my dad how he went about handling it and get back to you or you can comment on here and I can still ask him and post the reply. His home in Essex County too so the deed would have been recorded in the county as your home. If you want to email me, my email is

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty - Fairfield Office
973715-1158 Direct Cell
973-575-6353 ext 17 Office
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 29, 2009
Robert Stern answered:

I would love to assist you with this process. There are many concerns that we should check into.

Please contact me when you can so I may assist you in the process.

Robert C Stern
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 24, 2009
Sloan Berman answered:
This house was just sold in April of this year. It's not currently for rent on the Garden State MLS. If it is for rent, they may be trying to do it without the help of a broker.


Sloan Berman
Coldwell Banker, Schweppe Office
973-509-3970 office
862-368-4963 cell
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 17, 2009
Carol Eisenstein answered:

I would be happy to work with you. Please call me so we can discuss what is important to you in a house before I send you listings. I can be reached at 973 879 3282 I look forward to speaking with you
Carol eisenstein
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 1, 2015
Michael Rayno answered:
As part of the sales agreement the owner must disclose if the property is in a flood zone. Your agent shouls be able to get this information for you.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat May 3, 2008
Sharon Kozinn answered:
Dear Jane,
That is not my area, but I hope you contacted a Realtor that specializes in antique houses. They will really be able to extoll the virtues of your house to the fullest extent. They should also have a network of buyers that are interested in period homes.
It sounds lovely, good luck with it all.

Sharon Kozinn
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri May 1, 2015
Gina Chirico answered:
Hi Diane.

I am very familiar with that area of West Caldwell. Not only as a realtor but also my sister lives around the corner from Richard on Francine Avenue. On a block with 41 houses, there are only 2 houses currently for sale - that's not that uncommon. Two houses were sold and three withdrawn from the market in the past 1 1/2 years. There are starter homes also on Richard which tend to be bought by first time home buyers and eventually their family size and their needs increase - they sell and move on to a bigger house.

It's a very nice, quiet area in West Caldwell. I'm not sure if you have children but there's a great park there too. I'd be happy to help you with your home buying search and/or any questions you may have regarding West Caldwell and/or the surrounding areas. Good luck and feel free to contact me directly.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential New Jersey Properties
973-228-1000 ext 132
973-715-1158 (cell)
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice