Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Waukesha County : Real Estate Advice

  • All15
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 66
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Rich Moen answered:
You are correct. It also appears there was some other baggage to get cleaned up.
Not unusual for it to take a tear to 18 months before it comes on the market.
If you would like to provide me your email I will let you know the moment it comes up for sale.

Rich Moen
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 19, 2014
Hello: We are able to lend on an FHA loan down to a 580 credit score. Are you and your spouse now employed again after the failed business? Did you have any Bankruptcy or Foreclosures in the last 7 years? Every situation is unique so I would like to discuss yours in more detail. Please feel free to call me or fill out an online applicaiton on my website:

Mandy Fritsche, Mortgage Loan Officer, NMLS# 557211, Prospect Mortgage,
262-327-5700 Cell, 877-868-9198 Fax,
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed May 21, 2014
Tim Moore answered:
Understand that the owner must pay off the mortgage that is owed on the property and any liens to be able to sell it. Are you saying that you would offer enough to pay off the loan and any liens? Most people won't because they are often worth less than is owed, and the seller can't refi or sell because of it. So they stop making payments and know they will lose it. The seller can sell it, but the loan must be paid off to do so. I suggest you wait to see if the bank buys it at the auction and then they can sell it for what it is worth at that time. You will pay less than if you bought it from the owner. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
You probably will have to contact a Real Estate Attorney to remove the Easement.
I would do that BEFORE you make an offer, and/or make it CONTINGENT upon that.
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Monica Duerwachter answered:
Unfortunately, even if you do not have a Buyer's Agency Agreement with that agent that agent has procurring cause since tbey showed the house to you and "sold" it to you. My only suggestion would be to explain (honestly) to the agent you would like to work with someone else and see what they say. Possibly they would be willing to accept a "referral fee" from another agent of your choice. I hope that helps and whatever you decide you should do it fast because it sounds like time is not on your side. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Liz Apuli answered:
Good Morning,
It would be best to work with a Buyer's Agent who will represent your best interests in the transaction. I am a Buyer's agent and I'd be happy to talk with you about the property you're interested in. Please feel free to call me today, up to 2:00 pm 262-893-6705 or anytime this week. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 31, 2013
Ashish Bhatia asked:
We are considering buying a home in lakewood estates north, oconomowoc. Have there been any flooding issues in that area in the past that anyone is aware of?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Kawain Payne answered:

You may apply for the loan without using your wife, if you do not need her income to qualify.

Remember the credit score is one factor in deciding on a loan approval. Other items examined are:

Your income
Debt to income ratio
Down Payment amount

Now with regards to the community property issue. If you buy the home without your wife on the loan she may have to sign a quit claim deed in order to get the loan funded. You can in turn sign a grant deed adding her to the title.

Your escrow officer can take care of both deeds for you. In this case your wife would only be off title for a few days.

If you need your wife's income, then she has to be on the loan.

Best of Luck To You!!!
Kawain Payne, Realtor
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Frank Schmidt answered:
Sorry, that is gone with the wind. If you need a good lender, let me know & I will connect you!
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Monica Duerwachter answered:
Good morning. Many of the builders offer a home and lot package if you choose to build with them (usually in a subdivision but not always). If you prefer to find a lot on your own you can do that as well and then contact a builder of your choice to build your new home. As far as extra costs to you, usually landscaping and driveways are extra and any other upgrades you would want in your new home such as solid surface or granite countertops, flooring, fixtures or even a exposed lower level or walk out basement. Keep in mind most builders will work with Buyer's Agents so you want to make sure to pick an agent to work with so you have someone to help you and protect your best interests. Good luck and feel free to contact me for more information or help. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Monica Duerwachter answered:
Good evening,
The way I see it, the room in question can be considered a bedroom if it is on the main or second level as long as it has a closet. Depending on how many other actual bedrooms there are, you might consider listing it as a den or sitting room. Some buyers may be turned off if they get there and find that it is a "walk through" bedroom.

I hope this helps answer your question!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 9, 2013
Liz Apuli answered:
Good afternoon,
I'm happy to talk to you over the phone and set you up on a FREE search for everything that is available. Give me a call at 262-893-6705 or email me I'm available to assist in your home search. I'm available this weekend. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 30, 2014
Teresa Tighe answered:
Because you should be working with an agent who understands your needs and is responsive and available to you! Your never know when your perfect home will come on the market and you may need to act quickly. I personally have have experience with the home you are interested in on Tamarack Trail in Menomonee Falls! Let me be your agent! I hope to hear from you soon!

Teresa Tighe - First Weber
... more
0 votes 28 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Actually, you might want to start in 2/13 in case there are letters and documents that will be required to get the financing. You'll want to make sure that you tell the loan officer that the foreclosure was included as part of the bankruptcy.
FHA wants you to have lots of cash in your pocket at close, not towards the down payment. Minimum is 3.5%.
The 3 year period, I believe, is based on the foreclosure date, not the date sold. Don't bring that up.
The letter will simply state that a condition of the loan is that closing must occur after such date that 3 years passes.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 22, 2012
Michael Cheng answered:
Once you've signed up for RealtyTrac, you will be able to see the property details. If not, call customer service.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Steven Kasimatis answered:
Genesee Lake Farms did have some flooding concerns in the past. They community and the subdivision spent quite a bit of money in 2011 / 2012 to alleviate the problem.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 19, 2012
Elizabeth Sibet answered:
Yes, I have! It seems like many appraisers are really overworked and there aren't enough appraisers to handle the workload right now. Loan officers have been telling me it is because so many appraisers got out of the business and now with pending sales up in some areas 25-30%+ over this time last year they just have too many appraisal requests and not enough appraisers to handle them all in a timely manner. I just had a couple different appraisals take two WEEKS to get back after they were completed (one for VA and one for FHA). ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 8, 2012
Linda S. Cefalu answered:
Morning Carol,

Short sales can go smoothly or they can be a problem. Much depends on the bank or banks that hold the mortgage. If it has more than one loan, and many of them do, then we need to get approval from all banks for the short sale. I can tell you exactly how this works, but there is too much to write here on Trulia. The main thing you need to do is work with an agent who is familiar with short sales so that they can follow up with the listing agent who also, hopefully, is familiar with short sales. If you would like to talk about this in detail, please contact me and I would be happy to help. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Elizabeth Sibet answered:
Hopefully you had your question answered by now, but if not Fannie Mae has changed their policy. It used to be that any person buying a house as an owner occupant could NOT have their name on tax records for another property (including parents assisting their children, for example). Now they are allowing parents to pay cash for a house for their adult child to live there during the owner occupant period and be on title but not the loan. However, you'll want to ensure your lender will allow someone to be on the title who is not on the mortgage since many lenders do not allow that. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Jason San Miguel answered:
Hello Mike,

Vacant land is a little behind the ball in terms of sales because of the obvious recession. However, I recently read that new construction is up 35% from last year all across the country. Its not often that big parcels come up in Brookfield but there are always a few floating out there. Regardless of the lack of purchases for vacant land, when it comes to Brookfield, the land comes witha price tag. Feel free to reach me at anytime to receive a complimentary list of availability.

-Jason San Miguel
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice