Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Walnut Creek : Real Estate Advice

  • All255
  • Local Info13
  • Home Buying110
  • Home Selling11
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 11
Fri Feb 21, 2014
Ivan Diaz answered:

Let me start by saying that you should get fully qualified before answering this question. Additionally, I would figure out what your short term solution and/or long term solutions are. With that said and given the information you provided: 95k income, no debt, 40k down and good credit; it seems that you should qualify even if the height of your range.

Keep in mind this answer depends on many variables but you should be motivated to reach out to a Home Mortgage Consultant.

Hope this helps!

Ivan Diaz
Home Mortgage Consultant
415-271-7740 cell
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 25, 2011
Trevor Huntingford answered:
They work great! Get an agent and a lender that has some experience with 203K rehab loan as they are a little different than your conventional purchase.

Take advantage of these low rates!

Best of luck!
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 16, 2011
Kamal Randhawa answered:
Hello Mike,

You should contact the condo board or have your realtor contact them for you to find out if there is any ongoing litigation. And for financing, I always suggest you start with your bank or credit union, someone reputable for sure.

HOA for Broadway is Broadway Plaza...the number is 925-746-0542
HOA for Oakgrove is Oak Creek...the number is 925-212-6673

Please make sure you are working with a knowledgable realtor, we are all here to assist you if you need us :)
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 7, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
The home owner will need to contact the home retention department at their bank or mortgage company. The bank will not talk to third parties without written authorization by the home owner. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 28, 2010
Linda Ginex answered:
Mon Nov 30, 2009
Grace Hanamoto answered:
Hello Seller:

All things are possible provided you have a credit score high enough and down payment sufficient enough to qualify. You can contact two people:

Jay Weisbrod at Lighthouse Lending at 925-855-8006
Jay Deimling at Property Network at 408-806-9870

Jay W. is a former VP at WaMu in the loans department and is well connected with lenders. Jay D is a 25 year plus veteran of home loans and I've found him to be wonderful in getting the most impossible things done. Both loan brokers are excellent and, if a lender in our area will allow you to close in two weeks, these are the two gentlemen who can make it possible.

Let both of them know I referred you, so that they can begin working on your file right away.

Grace Morioka, SRES, e-Pro
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 27, 2017
An advantage I could talk with you about would be whats called Lender paid PMI. Its actually financed into your rate. This would allow you to put down 10% and still have a full tax advantage. (Of course you should speak with a tax preparer as well)Feel Free to contact me should you like assistance. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 23, 2008
The Hagley Group answered:
As I understand it, mortgage inquiries are considered a "soft pull" and should not affect your credit score. Give my personal lender a call...Linda Grassi...925-824-4848. She should be able to answer your questions and help you. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 10, 2012
Catherine Myers answered:
You need to read your contract and signed application information. Ultimately they "did" do work on it. And an appraisal costs money (computerized or not). Even a buyer of a house will be charged for an appraisal fee if cancelled after appraisal, though they usually do go out, it is still an out of pocket expense to the bank. If what you signed does not commit you to the fee if cancelled, then you may have a right to not pay that, but if they already have the fee, you may have to go to small claims court. Just have your documentation scoured and be sure. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Elias Anguiano answered:
You may try a rehab loan although they might also take a look at the equity of the home. There is not going to be an easy find if you are going to use the home as colateral. You might try a personal loan but I would not do it unless I am going to keep the home at least for the next 5 years or longer because of the time that might take the market to regain your investment... Be careful.. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 12, 2008
T.E. & Naima Sumner answered:
I'll be happy to... feel free to contact me offline.

0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice