Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in Virginia : Real Estate Advice

  • All310
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying192
  • Home Selling28
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 5
Wed Nov 25, 2015
Robert Lepelletier answered:
Dear Grace Cottrill:

It is my understanding that Travelers insurance offers this type of coverage. The coverage is for loses like Acts of Gods. For example a tornado ripes the roof off of your condo building and there is a special assessment. Updating special assessments for convector replacements (Marina Towers) and updating windows are excluded. In 2010 one could add $50,000 in coverage for about $17.00 extra a year. So check with a Travelers insurance agent for details. I know about this because my wife & I market lots of condos, and advise our clients to obtain this type of coverage. Also is why you need to read the condo resale package to ascertain whether or not the association is expecting to levy special assessments.

Please let me know if you need assistance buyting or selling your condo.

Sincerely yours - Bob Lepelletier - REALTOR, GRI, ABR, SFR, Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty - Alexandria/Kingstowne Office, 6354 Walker Lane Suite 100, Alexandria, VA 22310 Direct (703) 310-7880 - Cell (703) 474-5914 email:
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 2, 2012
Tamara Stoebe answered:
Hello Juan,

The answer is it truly depends on location - the best person to answer this question is a local insurance agent, and I would speak to at least 3 from different franchises. When speaking to the local insurance agents, make sure you also speak to them about bundling all of your policies - car, homeowners, renters, life, etc. You can receive significant discounts by bundling all of your insurance needs.

What kind of natural disasters does the area attract - fire, flood, storm, hurricane? Each can cause fluctuations in the insurance rates depending on local factors.

Best of luck to you.

Tamara Stoebe, REALTOR, GRI, QSC, e-PRO, CHS
DRE License #01827461
Prudential Troth REALTORS
1801 W. Ave. K
Lancaster, CA 93534
Cell: (661) 466-6849
Fax: (661) 422-3006
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Ken Patterson answered:
Fastest way is to go online to a major insurer website. Next option is to call a local insurance agent. They can work up quotes in short order.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 29, 2012
john womeldorf answered:
Is it the specific home thats the problem ? Ask for a CLUE report from the seller if thats the case.Ask for an estimate/ coverage evaluation from Joe Harrow at Middle Peninsula Insurance.His rates, coverage and service are excellent !. His info is below:


Joseph D. Harrow


5360 Discovery Park Blvd. 101A

Williamsburg, Va. 23188

(757) 229-0841 Phone

(757) 229-5479 Fax

Please visit our new web site at today
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri May 29, 2009
Frank Biganski answered:
I'm currently showing a client some homes in that area and based on a seller's information with 2 children, they stated electricity runs an average of $90 per month, water & sewer/trash pickup about $55 per month, and homes heated by gas runs about $85 per month from November to March.

Frank Biganski, Realtor
(757) 303-0517
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice