Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Vermont : Real Estate Advice

  • All28
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 204
Thu Mar 31, 2011
Strong Will Real Estate answered:
Hi Colby, Which property are you inquiring about? It isn't clear. Do you have an ML number or an address?
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 29, 2013
Phil Rotondo answered:
During the housing boom, lenders rarely required borrowers to provide copies of federal tax returns.

But today, lenders often ask borrowers to turn over entire tax returns.
Often, people will think they can bring in the first two pages of the tax return, and what they need to bring is the full tax return and all schedules because a person's full income picture is contained in the entire set of documents
Borrowers generally also will be required to sign a Form 4506-T, which allows the lender to retrieve a tax transcript from the Internal Revenue Service.
Lenders use the 4506-T tax transcript to compare the borrower's W-2s to his or her reported income. If the numbers match, all is well. If not, the lender will dig deeper.
Lenders are looking for income irregularities and evidence of loan fraud.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 24, 2014
Mark Duchaine answered:
It would really depend on the condition of the property. What part of Burlington. The age.

So what I'm saying is I can give you an answer but I don't think the answer will help you as stated. What I would look into is a more specific set of parameters. Such as average price per square foot in this neighborhood and built in such and such year. Because an 1900s house and a 2000s house will give a lot different results. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2011
Caplan asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
chuck davis answered:
my name is chuck and i am a mortgage and real estate broker.
you are correct that a preapproval letter is important.
you need one to make offers on many homes these days.
once you find a home you give the letter to the seller to show you already have a loan in place.

be careful with preapproval letters and be sure they are actual approvals and not just prequalifications.

you really only a letter from the broker/ bank you choose to work with.

you should get at least 2 or 3 rate quotes to get the best deal.

i am happy to help with any of the above, i have over 15 years experience and enjoy working with buyers.

thank you,
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Dallas Texas answered:
Confused with your question

You can sell the property contact a Realtor

Contact lender if you want to catch up on the outstanding balance due

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 11, 2011
Sally Grenier answered:
It's difficult to decipher your question, but it sounds like you need to sell your condo. Talk to a local Realtor who will be able to guide you through the process. If you don9;t owe more than it's worth, that's great. If the bank is threatening to foreclose, contact them asap, and tell them you intend to sell the property, and ask for time to do so. Good luck to you! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Cynthia Bell answered:
Trulia allows you to search for foreclosures. Not sure what you mean by track.

Another source for foreclosed properties, other that RealtyTrack is HUD Store.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 15, 2013
Sally Grenier answered:
Hi Bill,

Not sure what your question is specifically, but it sounds like you're looking at a wide range of areas for retirement. An online forum such as this is going to get you a lot of differing opinions (which isn't a bad thing). But in my mind, the only opinion that matters is YOURS!

The best way for you to know what you want is to go and explore these different areas on your own. Once you narrow it down a little, find a Realtor who specializes in that area and can search for properties in the MLS that meet your requirements. Good luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Sally Grenier answered:
Sounds like a great place to retire! I would be happy to refer you to a qualified agent in that area. Let me know if you'd like the name of someone.

Sally Grenier
Coldwell Banker
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Any local agent should have access to such information.....
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 17, 2010
Julie Cvercko answered:
The "cororations" you sound like you are inquiring about are most likely going to be private investors interested in "flipping" the home - buying low and selling high.

With that much equity in your home - you should be systemacticly reducing the price slight every 10 to 15 days to generate the activity necessary to get an offer
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Scott Godzyk answered:
The listing price of a short sale should be at what the current market value of the property is. The market value is not affected by what the home owner owes. The listing agent should complete a Broker price Opinion that will show what teh value is based on sales within the last 3 months and what is currently listed. Depending on the individual market, the houses is listed at market value or a percentage less than market value to attract potential buyers.

For more advice and tips on buying a short sale, please see my blog.
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 20, 2010
Charlotte Gardner answered:
This is a great question for a lender, not a Realtor but, the lenders are telling us that it is more difficult to qualify buyers than it used to be and the biggest deterrent is marginal credit scores. There are many good local lenders who could answer this question for you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 5, 2011
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Scatkins

You will have ask your Realtor to file paper work with your banks that hold liens on the property
For a short sale. Also talk to a RE Lawyer or a CPA.

Good luck.
Perry ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 30, 2010
Heidi Zizza answered:
That really depends on what area you are referring to. We have many rural areas in Vermont that may have top producers however cannot compete in volume to that of someone in a more populated area. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 28, 2010
John asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Charlotte Gardner answered:
The parking at Stonehedge allows for a one-car carport and an additional parking space near the condo. There is also visitor parking available. Each unit has its own laundry hook-ups (private.) Please call to set up a showing appointment. I can be reached at 802-862-2973 or through e-mail at Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to hearing from you.
Charlotte Gardner
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Betsy Gregory answered:
Stonehedge has a carport for one car and a parking place for another. There is a visitor's spot as well. The washer and dryer are located in the upstairs hall.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 21, 2010
Adam Hergenrother answered:
That depends on several factors. 1) What type of septic do you currently have? Is it year round or seasonal now? If it's seasonal, what type of septic is it. 2) How large is your yard? 3) what type of water supply do you have?

I have converted numerous properties to year round and can certainly provide advice on what action is best for you. Please feel free to give me a call at 802-488-3450 or email me directly at Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice