Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Tualatin : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 1
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Kris Simpson answered:
The title company can create the document you can have recorded for this purpose, however, it would be a good idea to talk with the attorney handling the estate, or one of your choosing, and see if he/she can draw up an agreement that all family members sign and agree to first with regard to the sale and disbursement of proceeds and record the agreed upon document along with the title change document.

Another option, again talk with your attorney, might be to create a Living Trust, put the property in the trust's name, and designate the current Trustee, and subsequent Trustee should anything happen to you, to manage the Living Trust. Then the trust would be the seller when you decide to put it on the market. Plus you can designate how the proceeds would be handled when sold, plus any other property that inheritors would receive when a family member passes.

Good luck. If I can help please let me know.

Passages Realty
Kris Simpson, Oregon Principal Broker
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Tualatin Zip Codes