Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tualatin : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 5
Thu Dec 13, 2012
209troydavid asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Kris Simpson answered:
The title company can create the document you can have recorded for this purpose, however, it would be a good idea to talk with the attorney handling the estate, or one of your choosing, and see if he/she can draw up an agreement that all family members sign and agree to first with regard to the sale and disbursement of proceeds and record the agreed upon document along with the title change document.

Another option, again talk with your attorney, might be to create a Living Trust, put the property in the trust's name, and designate the current Trustee, and subsequent Trustee should anything happen to you, to manage the Living Trust. Then the trust would be the seller when you decide to put it on the market. Plus you can designate how the proceeds would be handled when sold, plus any other property that inheritors would receive when a family member passes.

Good luck. If I can help please let me know.

Passages Realty
Kris Simpson, Oregon Principal Broker
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu May 12, 2011
Kris Simpson answered:
Many of the upgrades you are planning will have positive impact upon resale but if your plan is to sell 4-5 years, your return on investment will diminish. Replacing the roof will be important and the longer the life span the better. With the trend toward green building and living, the better the sustainability of anything you put in or on the house the better. Use materials and paints that are "earth friendly". As far as landscaping, use plants that are native to Oregon, those that do not require a lot of watering outside of what they receive during our rainy months.

You can get a lot of good information from Click on Programs, Residential Remodel. They also offer some financial incentives to replacing old furnaces, water heaters, toilets, etc. Earth Advantage Institute is an Oregon based organization.

You can also find information on my web site (link below) under Seller Info, click on the Remodeling Return on Investment link to see what the ROI on different remodeling projects you might do in the house, the costs, etc.

I hope this helps. Good luck and please let me know if I can ever be of service to you with a real estate transaction.

Kris Simpson
Premiere Property Group
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 19, 2010
The Monson Corcoran Group answered:
Have you tried any other flyer template service?

There are many others out there and you may find that you won't have this problem with one of them.

The Monson Corcoroan Group, Inc
Office: 503-775-4699 Ext 156
Cell: 503-267-9221 or 503-729-4321

John L. Scott Real Estate -
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Ron Ares answered:
Most real estate agents can get you copies of the Notice of Default list compiled by the title companies.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Tualatin Zip Codes