Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Terre Haute : Real Estate Advice

  • All89
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying27
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 3
Thu Mar 28, 2013
Angie Picklesimer & Jeff Dierks answered:
It depends on the agreement you have with your lender. I have seen sellers given a 1099 at the end of the year for the difference and heard of promissory notes for the difference, but the best thing to do is to call your lender and ask for the shortsale department. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Tina Lam answered:
It's when a property owner wishes to sell the property and the current property value is below the outstanding loan balance. The property owner would have to request the lender to accept a short repayment of the loan, hence then the name "short sale". ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 6, 2012
Robert D Hughes answered:
Lizzi, If there are no listings anywhere for this property, try the asset-management and indicate you could be an interested buyer. If they don't assist you after that; not much you can do as these banks have their own REO agents they use. You could try some local REO agents and see if they know anything. A local agent can verify ownership of the property for you.

Best of luck to you,
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Foreclosure in Terre Haute Zip Codes