Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Taunton : Real Estate Advice

  • All105
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying22
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 34
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Klc81278 asked:
Also, along with a 3 bedroom, we need someone accepting Section 8, who will also accept a small 11 yr old, 9lb dog. We will not have him much longer but he is part of the family. We als...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 6, 2013
Jennifer Poillucci answered:
Although this road is off the highly traveled road Rte. 44, Craven Court is a nice little subdivision with some nice homes. It is a safe part of Taunton within very close proximity to Dighton. If you are looking for a nice place to build a home for your family, it is very nice. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Dee Webster answered:
I can find you a place but need more information. Contact me at I'd be happy to help get you settled
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Heath Coker answered:
I would use a local rental professional to save time and money and also to make sure you don't miss a great rental.
Don't be too picky about the hose if you find a landlord who will take pets, because not many will these days.
It can affect their insurance premiums and possible claims.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Yvonne Thompson answered:
I will research this and get back to you.

Yvonne Thompson
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Jennifer Poillucci answered:
There is a duplex in Attleboro for 1300/mo, a single family in Fall River, and maybe another one in Fall River but nothing but apartments in Taunton for that price range. If you have questions or are interested in finding out more about the listings I mentioned, please email me at ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Magali Rivera asked:
looking for a house or apartment for rent have section 8 looking to move in the end of march my lease is up in April 1st and its a year to year lease and I want to move because I need a...
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Jennifer Poillucci answered:
I only see 1 apartment in Taunton in that price range including heat and hot water. It is on Clinton St. Not sure if that is an area that you would consider. Not sure if it has lead paint or not...It says unknown in the listing. A search of the current MLS was done today for rental units in Taunton. Will you consider any other towns? ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Bill Cabeceiras answered:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that property is sold.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 18, 2017
Sarah Goulart Nathe answered:
It depends, but as a selling agent I make sure to call for the final water reading for my clients. Other agents have the homeowner do it.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Dale Strickland answered:
The inventory is normally low and serious buyers have less to select from. The home must be well prepared for the market. In addition, buyers think they get a better deal at year end.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 9, 2012
Justin Freeman answered:
Cranesbill Road Taunton, ma Fenced in Yard. Dog friendly neighborhood.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Jennifer Poillucci answered:
Buying a mobile home is not necessarily the same as buying a home. There are factors to consider such as whether you are financing the land and the mobile home or just the mobile home itself. You need to determine this first. If the mobile home is part of a mobile home park, you can ask the management company what type of financing is typically used. Once you have this information, the next step is to call a bank. Typically, a short sale has a negative effect on your credit score and would make it difficult to obtain financing for another home right away. A mortgage broker or bank would be able to look at your financial particulars and answer this question more specifically to your circumstances. If you need a reputable person to contact, please let me know.

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed May 9, 2012
Louis Wolfson answered:
contact the local police department they will be your best source
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 8, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Cheryl that would probabily be a question that should be directed towards a local broker or appraiser. In most cases commercial properties are worth more than a residnetial property if it has a commercial viability. Some residential homes have nio commercial viabilit due to a smalll lot size, no parking or lay out of the house itself. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Susan Costa answered:
Registry of deeds in Taunton can tell you who the mortgage holder is. Public records - you can view on line. Need help - give us a call.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 17, 2013
Heather Peck answered:
I'm not an attorney and you may need to consult one - however contracts usually go like this.

If its written in the contract, then you'll have to pay it. If its not written in the contract that you either agreed to pay it, or if it was written you would and the agent waived it, then you won't.

However, if nothing is written about the Buyer's agent fee anywhere, no Buyer's Agency Agreement, not in the sales contract, etc., then the agent is going to have a hard time getting you to pay it. Also, the buyer's agent usually doesn't have the power to prevent the closing, certainly not over a fee. The agent's recourse would usually be to sue you. You may want to call their broker.

You didn't say why the closing date had come and gone. Are you still in escrow? What else is holding up the closing? The only things that normally hold up closing are funding on the buyer's side, title issues on the seller's side, on a short sale the seller's lender having final review of the HUD1, etc.

Anyway, check everything you signed to see if its written down and addressed, one way or the other. And if its not, start with the agent's broker then proceed to a real estate attorney.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun May 30, 2010
Marlene Bienes-Realtor answered:
From what I understand, you do not trust your real estate agent and your loan officer is not doing a good job on closing your loan, This is a bad combination and I really feel for your troubles. But not all real estate agents are this way, there are great agents out there that go over and beyond for their clients. Buying a home is the most exciting process anybody can go through and having a great agent holding your hand through this experience just makes it even more enjoyable.

I would suggest the following, if you do not trust your real estate agent then go directly to the office broker and state your situation with your real estate agent and have the broker submit a closing extention to the seller allowing you to close at a later date. Coordinate this with your new lender if you decide to switch or you may want your closing attorney to get involved and contact the lender directly to see if he can get to the bottom of the problem.

hope this helps, best of luck.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 19, 2009
Greg Knox answered:
If your loan is owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac and it was originally a full documentation loan and you can get whomever owns the second to re-subordinate, you can re-fi. Go to both fannie and freddie websites and follow directions to see if they own your loan. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Taunton Zip Codes