Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

How To... in Tarrant County : Real Estate Advice

  • All23
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying15
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 10
Mon Dec 20, 2010
Bill Eckler answered:
This is one of the many services provided by real estate professionals. Consider contacting a local agent for their support.
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 19, 2010
Mechelle Reasoner (Gooch) answered:
I would advise you to get a bee expert out to the house to tell you how they can be removed. Hopefully he can also tell you if they are inside the walls etc. You would need to know just how much damage those bees could cause to the house. I think if they are inside walls setting up housekeeping it could be a problem, but I am no bee expert.

Water anywhere its not expected is a concern also.

You don't say if this home is a foreclosed, short or regular sell. If it is a foreclosed home, I would have inspections done prior to making an offer, to know what price to offer, taking into account any major repairs needed. If it is a short sale, I might inspect before offer, or wait until approval, do inspections, then renegotiate based on findings. If it is a regular sale, I would make an offer, after acceptance then do inspections.

Your area may have different procedures, based on contracts, and you should check with your agent to see what they might recommend.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 6, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
If you would like to get into the foreclosuyre cleaning business the 1 thing that most banks will ask for is insurance. Depending on state laws where you live, you may or may not have to register as a business. You should have business cards, have a loist of what services you can provide and what the costs of them will be.

I would start in your local area by visiting the listing agents who specialize in bank owned homes, offer free estimates, same day service for them and offer prices just below market value. if you get the jobs do a good job and you will get repeat business.

i have a whole blog with tips on what to do and what not to do.

please check it out
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 3, 2010
Allison Castilleja answered:
You might want to try the Texas Association of Structural Movers or call a company that sells Mobile homes. Here is a website that may give you some additional help: ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 29, 2009
The Hagley Group answered:
Fri Sep 18, 2009
Jon Wise answered:
Not sure what you mean. Can you explain what it is you are wanting?

Call me if it's easier.

Jon Wise
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Emmanuel Scanlan answered:
Hello Steve,

You can start by using a real profile on Trulia. Who are you, where are you located and what is your company name? Hiding behind a moniker does not leave a good impression.

What steps have you taken so far to market to RE Agents?

Emmanuel J. Scanlan
PS Inspection & Property Services LLC
214-418-4366 (cell)
TREC License # 7593
International Code Council, Residential Combination Inspector #5247015-R5 (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and Building)
Certified Infrared Thermographer (ASNT-TC1A Standards)
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Third Party Warranty Inspector #1593
Texas Residential Construction Commission, Inspector, County Inspection Program
Texas Department Of Insurance, VIP Inspector # 08507061016
Hayman Residential Engineering Services, Field Technician
CMC Energy - Certified Energy Auditor

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!!
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Dennis Anderson answered:
Contact a local Realtor directly. We can provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis which will help you appeal the assessed value of your poperty.

Good Luck, ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 19, 2009
Margaret T. Hatcher answered:
This happens all the time with husbands and wives. One has credit and the other is a MESS. Therefore we have only one apply for the loan. The house is in the name of Mary Jones. (now we all know that Dick Jones can get his share of the house so lets say dick and Jane are not married and he is Dick Smith.) a few weeks or couple of months later they (at a title company if I have my way) add Dick Smith to the Title or Deed. Dick does not owe on the house but he has survivors rights.
Ask the Title company, For this you may want to close at a Real Estate Atty's office. I would leave the unrelated person out of it but it is up to y'all.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 1, 2012
T.E. & Naima Sumner answered:
Depending on what the collection on your report it, you can save money by paying it off yourself. If you have a copy of your credit report, the contact for that company will be on there and you can contact them and make arrangements for payment. You just are never sure how many points will be credited after you pay them off, it could be 10 points, 50 or 20... there is no rules.

... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Search Advice