Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tampa : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info160
  • Home Buying845
  • Home Selling86
  • Market Conditions86

Activity 984
Sat Jul 18, 2015
Curly Sue answered:
Tue Aug 13, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
You can contact the listing agent who will be able to help you learn more about that specific property (and probably will know a lot about similar properties in the area). To find an agent, just click on the yellow button on the property's Trulia listing and you will be able to start a dialogue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else. I am happy to be a resource for you. Good luck with the search and check out the community info here:

Ali, Trulia Voices Community Manager
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Sure it is, just ask the Realtor for a copy of the offer and take it to read it.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Nov 15, 2014
Alison Hillman answered:
Hi there-

Check out some of the local community info here:

Ali, Community Manager
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 22, 2013
Kim Glass answered:
Hi Valencia,

Not sure where exactly you want to find a rental, but I ran a search in Tampa using the parameters you provided. Check out the current results here:,FL/2p_baths/2p_beds/0-800_price/

Hope that helps get you started!
-Kim, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
20% is the norm, I have not heard of 10% programs.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon May 13, 2013
Mary Grimme answered:
According to the the Hillsborough County Tax report this property would be outside the 1% flood plane. It would mean that flooding would be a rare occurrence. Rare does not mean a flood could not happen. It is up to your lender if they require flood insurance.. The good news is if the property is in an area with 1% chance of flooding, the flood insurance is relatively inexpensive. Regular home owners insurance does not cover water damage and flood insurance would. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 7, 2013
Margaret Moore answered:
If you're prepared to do the work required of managing a property yourself go ahead, but keep in mind that you'll need to be able to screen qualified tenants, be ready for calls any time of the day for emergency repairs, etc. A good property management company can be very beneficial, but it does come at a cost. You'll have to evaluate both options to see which is better for you.
Good luck,
Margaret Moore
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Josh Barnett answered:
There are lots of Hud programs available, hire a Realtor and they will be able to help you find what you need.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Tracy Hoyt answered:

It all depends on the lifestyle you live. I always ask my clients what things do they like to do besides work. We all know many hours are spent with our jobs or schools but being near the community we fit into best makes us happiest.

I have worked all over the county and would be happy to speak with you about what areas might fit you best. Please review my profile on Trulia and send me a message. I can also be reached at

No pressure, just help.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Alma Kee answered:
Try a rural area. Most planned communities will limit to 2 dogs max--even if an owner wanted to rent to you.

Sad to say but many rental listing agents only share about $100 to a buyer's Realtor so expect to "go it alone" or pay a Realtor from your pocket if you need help finding a place to rent.

If your credit is preventing you from buying (or a recent short sale or bankruptcy), you may want to try with GTE Financial. They will make a "business" decision based on your downpayment, stable job history and buying "below" your means.

Good luck!

All the best,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat May 14, 2016
Bill Szydlowski answered:
Mike and Mary,

I would be happy to recommend one of the brokers I work with. I just got one of my clients approved in less than 20 days for an FHA loan. I am a little curious though. Did your realtor not give you a few to talk to??
Let me know and I will email my list to you.

Bill Szydlowski
... more
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 24, 2014
Nick Parrinello answered:
Regardless of marital status, this is a great building in a popular and growing area of Channelside. The urban lifestyle is a relatively small (but rapidly growing) segment of South Tampa, and between Channelside and Downtown, a lot more residences and restaurants/businesses are coming into the area. I recently sold a condo in this building, and know the developer is still selling in addition to the resale market. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 6, 2017
Michael Gingras answered:
If this is the end loan you are looking to do after construction is complete it is an easy loan to do. You can call Matt Kenna at 813-465-0059. You can do this loan with 5% Conventional or 3.5% FHA. If you are not set on the property and are potentially looking for existing property or home just built but finished feel free to give myself a call. Mike Gingras 813-802-0789 Thank you ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Tracy Hoyt answered:

I have several lenders that can help with the MCC tax credit. Do you just have questions on how to use it? Have you already received your certificate? Please feel free to review my profile on Trulia and send me a message. I can help guide you to the lender who will work best with you and your situation.

No pressure, just help.

Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Dwight A. McDonald answered:
As long as your income to debt ratio is in line you can use any solid income. If you would like to contact me off line at I can help you prequalify and let you know.
Kind Regards,

Dwight A. McDonald PA
Broker, Realtor®,Realtist®,CDPE,ABR,CPMS,FMS
CDPE-Certified Distressed Property Expert
ABR-Accredited Buyer Representative
CPMS-Certified Property Management Specialist
FMS-Florida Military Specialist
Certified Fannie Mae CreditSmart® Trainer
International Realty Plus-Tampa Bay
1313 Providence Road (Note: GPS unreliable-we are on east side of road)
Brandon, FL 33511-4885
Phone (813) 629-6954
Fax (813) 569-1772
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 13, 2013
Lisa Lowe answered:
Hello - Our office has a 3bed/2bath condo for sale, but nothing for rent at this time.

Here are 4 listings through other real estate offices/agents which are located in Raintree and match you criteria...

Best regards,
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 31, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
Sam start by getting prequalified with a local and trusted loan officer and hire a good buyer broker who will guide you through each step of the buying process. Havuing a good buyer brioker and a good loan officer can sure reduce the stress ... more
0 votes 24 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Diana Flood asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Liane Jamason answered:
Most of the major lenders will require you to wait a minimum of 2 years. I've attached a link to a chart below that shows you more on which will let you buy and which will not after a short sale. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice