Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Using Trulia in Suffolk County : Real Estate Advice

  • All87
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying44
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 3
Wed Jun 29, 2011
Thomas McGiveron answered:
not sure what your question means - if you're asking if a grandparent can leave a home that is in foreclosure to his grandkid the answer is no.

of course talk with an attorney and i am not 100% sure about your question.

IF you're asking can a grandparent sell a home to a grandkid via short sale - the answer is no - any short sale transaction MUST BE "arms length" - no relation to seller.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 23, 2010
Sandra Lewandowski answered:
My suggestion is to consult a Tax advisor familiar with both Florida and Islip Township. I see your zip code is in Bay Shore. Also, go to the Islip town hall to inquire what property tax benefits will be lost if you make Florida your permanent residence. If I can help in anyway you can contact me at the e-mail address I posted.
I have been a resident in Bay Shore too for a long time.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Nov 9, 2008
Jaishree..Jane Zilpelwar answered:
Hi Duke,

You can call the Local Town and they will be able to tell you the property owner's name and information. If you need further information, please email or call me. Good Luck....

Jane Zilpelwar
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice