Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Foreclosure in Suffolk County : Real Estate Advice

  • All87
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying44
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 63
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes can be misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent, as most do end up being listed by a broker--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties. The referenced property is not showing as available on MLS; for available area properties check ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate, and see exactly what options you may have; is a short sale an option...
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Scott Godzyk answered:
It will depend on how far along it is. in non-judicial sattes foreclsoure can be completed start to stop in under 2 months, It will depend on your state laws regarding tenant protections as how long they have to give you a notice to vacate. Not all states mandate the notify you there is a foreclosure even taking place. Once teh foreclsoure is finishedm, whoever the property is assigned to will contact you. At that time you can ask for "cash for keys" where they pay you to reloacte within a specified amount of time where you voluntarily leave instead of go though eviction which give syou relocating money. it is negiotiable so negotiate for a little more. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Tammy Benkwitt answered:
Call your attorney this morning. He will have to review your lease and can give you proper legal advice.

My understanding is that a landlord can't simply show up on your door step and start throwing your things out the door.

By the way, refusing to fill up the oil tank in February is really poor judgement. The pipes can freeze and the house could be severely damaged as a result.

Don't wait, call the lawyer this morning.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Javier Meneses answered:
Hello Arlena. I can give you the information to a Realtor in that area who specializes in short sales and foreclosures. She's very knowledgable. If you'd like, message me and I'll send you her information. I'm very sure she can help you.

Javier Meneses
NMLS #23130
Senior Loan Officer
Sterling National Bank
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with an agent of your own; also check for available area properties. If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 10, 2012
R Wright answered:
17 Wilson Avenue is not showing up on the foreclosure list. In the future, you can check the foreclosure status of any property FREE here,
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 11, 2012
Sally Grenier answered:
My initial thought is that it's a little too late to do anything at this point. You should consult with an attorney to determine if there are any ramifications. But I would consider yourself lucky that you weren't on the mortgage. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 3, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Any local agent can provide the information, also check
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Anna M Brocco answered:
Off the market could mean the property has expired, could have been withdrawn, could be in contract or sold. For an actual status update, contact any agent/realty office, we all have access to the same information. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Alain Picard answered:
If you already stopped paying your mortgage and it shows up on your credit report then you will probably have a hard time finding a lender to approve you.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 15, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Unfortunately, the property is not showing up as available, or not, on MLS; for additional information and area properties, check
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 26, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Without much information--do you plan on selling the property you currently own, can you carry another mortgage, other expenses, etc., or will you be purchasing in cash; are you being foreclosed, if so before considering any other purchase, do consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, see what options you may have.... ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Barbara Moniuszko answered:
Please call me. I will be happy to help you with it.

Thank you,

Barbara Moniuszko, Broker Associate

Baird & Warner

543 Pennsylvania Ave.

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

(Mobile) 708-650-6665 ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Laura Feghali answered:
Hello Sana,
Your local tax assessor's office will have on file who the current owner is. It's public knowledge so the housing authority should be able to determine rather easily who the owner is currently. Feel free to call or visit the tax assessor yourself to request a copy of the tax/ownership record.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jan 27, 2016
Spirit Messingham answered:
There are people who specialize in this, give them a call. I would go that route vs advice from a forms board on something that is so important. Have you spoken with the bank or whomever is foreclosing? Many times they will work with the owner.
Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 16, 2010
Gerard Dunn answered:
Babydoll -

Sorry you have been caught in the middle of this mess.

You can get an attorney and pay the rent into an escrow account that they establish. If the home has been foreclosed upon already - you may actually owe the rent to the bank.

If the bank does foreclose and you are paying market rent they will generally allow you to stay. They will be the new landlord until your lease is up.

They may also offer you "Cash for Keys" which essentially them giving you money to leave.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

If you like the answer - please consider making it a "Best Answer" !

Gerard Dunn
Associate Broker
Licensed in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Assisting Homebuyer's and Seller's for 28 years
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 12, 2010
Desari Jabbar answered:
Talk to the local realtors who list foreclosures in your area. If your bids come in lower than the current vendors they are using, you'll get the job.

Best of luck to you!
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 16, 2012
FSBOsuccess answered:
You don't have any rights in this situation. You rented a home that is now not owned by the homeowner. I would contact the bank or a real estate attorney.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice