Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Insurance in South Carolina : Real Estate Advice

  • All188
  • Local Info17
  • Home Buying96
  • Home Selling22
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 8
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
For accurate information contact a few local insurance agencies and ask for free estimates based on your needs, then go from there....
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 12, 2011
Salvador Saldana asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 4, 2011
Randall Sandin answered:
Dan - it all depends on the elevation of the property - mnos insurance companies are tell you if you are or are not in a flood zone - if you are, a professional surveyor must do an elevation certificate which costs about $400-$450 otherwise the insurance company will get you the highest rate of insurance. If you own the property without a mortgage you can choose not to have flood but that is generally not a good move. If I can be of assistance, email me at or call me at 209-9667. Thanks, Randall Sandin ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Hilton Head Isle Vacations answered:
Kristin at Kinghorn Insurance has been very helpful over the tears in obtaining very competitive rates,
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat May 30, 2015
Rick Stein answered:
Mon Aug 10, 2009
Chris Haviland answered:
Typically the builder coverage that was in effect at the time of construction would cover the builder/owner even if the builder was no longer in business. If repairs are needed, the insurance company should compensate another builder to complete the repairs. However.....if you are looking at a particular home you or your agent should check this out carefully to make sure the builder had coverage and that their insurance company will provide this level of protection in the future.
Chris Haviland
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 24, 2012
Tyler Flaherty answered:
vacant home insurance is available. You may have to search for a company that will do it in your area. Homeowners insurance will not cover vacant homes because as soon as the home is vacant the exposure of something happening ie vandalism, break in, etc. is greatly increased.
There are companies that specialize in vacant home insurance. Foremost is one that I know of but I am not sure if they are admitted in your state.
you should easily be able to find a company online.
Best of luck and happy holidays.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice