Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Semmes : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 6
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Josh Barnett answered:
Call a local lender and go over financing options possiable after coming out of a bankruptcy.

If the lender states your can sale and buy, even w/ the bankruptcy on your credit report. Call three local realtors and pick the one you feel most comfortable "Listing" with.

Hope this helps,

Josh Barnett, Realtor
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi kw,

Your purchase contract (offer) should have an expiration date on it. In CA, it is usually 3 days from date of offer - unless stated otherwise.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 15, 2011
Helen Chong answered:
Deed in lieu means you voluntarily give the deed back to the bank. It is still a form of foreclosure and it has a big impact on one's credit score. The credit hit would be much more detrimental than doing a short sale. Lenders can file for deficiency judgment from either deed in lieu or short sale and they both may generate taxable income from the unforgiven debt. You can read more in detail about the differences here:
Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 24, 2009
Lora Parnell answered:
You can contact a lender to see if you can get it refinanced with better terms that will pay off the loan you have now. It is going to be hard to get a new home with a foreclosure deed being recorded or if you have had late payments. You can always contact a lender to see. I would contact a mortgage lender rather than a mortgage broker. If you need the information of someone to contact you can give me a call at 656-7950. Hope this helps you out! ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Dec 17, 2008
Freddie answered:
I would try to find out which law firm handled the foreclosure (which would have been listed in the newspaper notice) and call them. If the property has been foreclosed on your loan has been sent to a different dept. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Dec 14, 2008
blaison samuel answered:

Sorry to hear about your situation. If no one buy at court house then bank will be the new owner and you are no longer the owner of that house, they have all the right to evict you. To buy it back is also difficult because no lender will give you loan because of foreclosure in your credit history unless you can arrange full cash and buy at their asking price. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Semmes Zip Codes