Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Schenectady County : Real Estate Advice

  • All6
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 35
Mon Jul 30, 2012
David Sader answered:
Call Allison Deere at Bank of America. Her number is (518) 376-3816.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 23, 2012
Pat & Steve Pribisko answered:
I think you are talking about a duplex home (side by side or up & down). Contact a local Realtor to be your Buyer's Agent. A Buyer's Agent will protect your interests & find homes for you & your mom to look at, all at no cost to you. The Seller pays the Buyer's Agent's commission. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 23, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Estimated annual taxes appear to be $3,900; however taxes should always be re-verified, therefore consider contacting the local tax assessor's office.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Apr 13, 2012
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
No it is not! Since I can see you live in the Albany area I have a highley recommended Home Inspector, who also is licensed in Pest Coontrol. Call Turn Key inspections(607-467-1900). Name is Dave Cassese and he is very reasonable, knowledgeable & thorough! Mention my name as well as he has done numerouse(good and bad) inspections for me. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Off the market could mean the listing was withdrawn, has expired from the market, is under contract or sold; for an actual status, contact any local agent/realty office as they all have access to the same information. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 8, 2015
dfthomas answered:
Scotia is a village of older homes with some very nice homes on Sunnyside Rd. just over the Mohawk River bridge from Schenectady.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat May 22, 2010
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no local answers yet--consider contacting any local realty office(s) and ask, any agent can help you, with information, showings, etc.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 13, 2009
Michael Ofsanik answered:
The purpose of the 203k loan is to hold money in escrow to ensure the repairs are made and generally there is a 10% hold back for cost over runs. So long as the repairs meet FHA criteria upon completion you should be ok with closing first. A FHA Fee Inspector should be utilized to sign off on the repairs.

You may be able to find more info on the HUD/FHA website.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Sean Dawes answered:
More than a comparable home in a different school district?

If you have an area which you want to take a look at why not have a realtor run some comparables for you so you have a ballpark price range for your desired home in that school district?

You can use the find a pro feature under advice and opinions section on trulia

Sean Dawes
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun May 19, 2013
Theresa Brown answered:
Equity, appraised value, good credit, steady income will all come into play. The bank does not have to agree to someone assuming the mortgage if everything doesn't come together as showing this person is a good risk. Additionally, with interest rates so low, perhaps a new loan will offer an interest rate lower than what the rate is currently. Read and understand what the current loan terms are and talk to another lender to consider your options. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon May 20, 2013
Donna Macan answered:
I cannot understand way you are having a hard time getting an agent to work for you. Are your requirement unrealistic? I know that everyone is looking for a "good deal" when actually anything you buy in this market is a good deal. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu May 2, 2013
Thomas McGiveron answered:

i'm not familiar with the area - but in general i can say that it's a great idea for you to consider investing in real estate!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 12, 2008
J R answered:
The mansion tax is applicable when buying any home. First, second, third, investment, you name it. It is 1% of the total price on a home over 1M.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 6, 2013
Barbara Carter answered:
In New York, we reccomend that you hire an attorney to handle the sale and purchase of a home. As a real estate agent it is impossible to answer this question with more that speculation. You state that you "entered into contrat on 4/14". Was that handled by an attorney? The best advice I can give is to consult your attorney for legal advice. Depending on the wording in the contract an attorney can advise you in which direction to go.
I wish you rhe best of luck.
Barbara Carter Exit Realty Services New Paltz NY
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 12, 2007
Ck asked:
How does the overall quality of their construction rate on a scale of say 1 to 10?
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
1 2
Search Advice
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Schenectady County