Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Sarasota County : Real Estate Advice

  • All109
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying72
  • Home Selling3
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 13
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Ruth Babel answered:
Hello. I have used them in long large bedrooms to divide space. They have served there purpose and did work. But keep in mind, they are not fixed and can move and may be safety issues depending on the age of people living in the house. Before we sold the house and relocated, we changed it back to the original state. However I have never used them for common living areas. In those areas I have made defined areas with furniture, carpets or a combination.
I hope this helps and if you need to ask more questions, please feel free to contact me at 813-545-5711.
Ruth - Keller Williams
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 15, 2014
Lynn Brock answered:
Sandra, you are asking a question and answering a question in the same forum. Sounds like you know what to do regarding small spaces.

Best regards,

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc

If you'd like to search the MLS like an agent in real time, you can visit our website and sign up for a free Listing Book account. You will be able to change the search criteria to suit yourself and received morning reports regarding new listings, price changes and recent pendings.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 7, 2014
Tammy Hayes answered:
Hire a licensed contractor to do the work.
You can search on the Florida web site at:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 13, 2015
Tim Moore answered:
It's good, but it costs more. With new homes you have access to walls with no dry wall, are you removing drywall? If so you can use it easily.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Oct 22, 2011
Tammy Hayes answered:
You can search the MLS at for rentals.
Also, you can go to They have rentals in Venice. There are short term and long term rentals available.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty,
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 15, 2011
Alma Kee answered:
That's a personal choice that only you can answer. Some screening is less opaque so try different types of sceens before you select one.
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 22, 2015
Gary Benjamin answered:
That's like asking how much is a car. Becasue of it being on a barier island, there is usually a premium of approximately 20%. I suggest you approach companies in that industry and get some quotes. A real estate agent, although well versed in many areas, does not usually have this in their bag of tricks. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 23, 2010
Exterminator answered:
so then when buying a home in venice area i should look for one with plastic plumbing ??
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Sep 7, 2010
Tammy Hayes answered:
Here are a couple of ideas of how to get on vendor lists. 1. Drop off your business cards and other marketing materials to real estate offices, banks, and mortgage companies. 2. Go to the local Board of Realtors and become a business partner and go to business partner showcases and business card exchanges. These strategies will help get your name out there for the services that you provide.
Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 2, 2010
Bill Eckler answered:
It is our experience that most skilled trades people will want to bid on the entire remodel job as opposed to doing hourly work. Plan on a range of between $20 and $30 dollars per hour for anyone worth their salt. We would be happy to provide you with some recommendations from the local area.

Best regards,


Michael Saunders & Company
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 2, 2009
Christie Carlomany answered:
Happy Turkey Day Pete! Welcome to our area! Usually your realtor will provide you with a few vendors that their customers have liked. Let me know if I can be of further help at! Good luck! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 27, 2008
Dallas Texas answered:
You might be able to contact some contractors it all depends on the pitch of roof, elevation, how the room will be attached to the house ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Search Advice