Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

San Antonio : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info214
  • Home Buying695
  • Home Selling102
  • Market Conditions58

Activity 1,001
Wed Jun 12, 2013
Jana Halverson answered:
I understand how difficult it is to be out of State and try to manage investments. In my experience most of the answers to your questions depends on the lending institution. I find RBFCU to be fabulous to work with. I would encourage you to speak to them directly. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 9, 2016
Kay Kirby answered:
If your wife can qualify with a good credit score and has good income by herself she should be able to qualify by herself, but if she needs help with the income part you should be able to use a co-signer as long as they qualify with a good credit score and a good income. To know for sure I can refer you to a good mortgage lender they can help you with that part of it. Once we get that done I can look for houses in the area that you are looking in purchasing. Give me a call or email me back and I can give you that information to get you started. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Shelley B answered:
Tue Apr 23, 2013
Jason Campbell answered:
s there any way I can talk you into taking advantage of what will probably be the best buyer's market we may ever see in our lifetimes?

The market is rapidly turning into a seller's market
Interest rates are WAY DOWN, but they are headed up

If you buy a home now:

* You will get more for your money - Rentals never stack up to homes you can buy for the same payment

* Tax Write-off - You can write off the interest you pay on your mortgage, you can't do that with rent

* Build Equity in the home - Each time you make a payment, you are that much closer to owning it!

* Gain Appreciation - Homes tend to go up in value... the home is worth more than you bought it for!

If you rent a home: You get nothing!


Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Jose Novelo answered:
What area? What is your budget?
Call me if you want faster service.
(210) 455-7635
Jose L. Novelo
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Jose Novelo answered:
You can buy and rent at 18, but you need to be approved by owner/property manager or Bank in case if purchase. If you want, I can help you to buy, payments are lower than rent and the benefits of Home Ownership can not compare to rent.
On the other hand it is never to early to start, but just make sure you mention to the owner/property manager your dates to move in.
Good Luck
Find your next home at
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Sep 3, 2017
Gregory Touchstone answered:
I would definitely speak to a lender directly to be sure you do not qualify. I have just helped out another buyer recently who thought the same exact thing but DID qualify.

May I suggest Vino Alonzo. The best thing to do is to ask so you are sure. There is no obligation. But the thing that holds people back is 'fear'. Don't let that be you.

Vino Alonzo
Castle & Cooke Mortgage
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Imelda Interino answered:
Hello Tiffany, give me a call so I can find the right home for you and your family. We also have apartment homes/and or townhomes w/ 3 br/2 bath with garage. The rental process is much faster on apartment homes because you're not dealing with strict guidelines from home owner. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Sandy Mushinski answered:
This is a great article to help answer your question:

Bottom line: if you have a good rental payment history, no previous evictions or are making an adequate, regular income with a permanent employer, a bankruptcy may be regarded with more leniency. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Cassandra M. Bickel answered:
If the dog is certified, he should be covered under fair housing and american disabilities act. I would still be forth coming with the rental company.

Depending on the state laws, they are still usually able to require that you pay for any/all damages including if they feel there is pet odor in the carpet.

Good luck and double check the local laws on ADA. Whoever you got the certification with the dog should be able to helpo you with this.

If he is Not certified, they may not have to recognize him.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Yes, it is possible provided your debt to income ratios are acceptable. How much do you owe on the current FHA property and what is that home valued at? Are you just moving out or have you vacated the rental property already? These are a few important questions that will need to be addressed. If you like you can call me at 210-789-2870.

Good luck,
Jon Nichols
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Diana Plummer answered:
Usually the additional fees are utilities and yard maintenance. Please let me know if I can help you find a house.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Gregory Touchstone answered:
I did the same for a military family just last year about the same time. I know a great area in Stone Oak where the elementary school and middle school are across the street from each. That would make things very convenient for you I am sure.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller Williams Realty
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Johnny Williams answered:
I have several lenders I work with who walk my clients through the entire process.

Here's a link just let me know when you send him your info or let me know the best way for them to reach you and I will have one of them contact.

Best Regards,

Johnny E Williams
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Sally Butler answered:
You need to find a property that qualifies under USDA guidelines....
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Bruce Lynn answered:
List it with an agent as an investor property and sell it with the tenant in it.

No showings until you get a contract.

There are investors who want to buy properties that are leased already.

Makes sense for all parties involved.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Don Tepper answered:
You can find hard money lenders at your local REIA (real estate investment club). Go to and find the ones near you.

You can find some private lenders the same way, though most private lenders are found by networking.

However, most hard money lenders won't like your numbers. Based on a formula of 60% of ARV (after repair value), the most you'd be likely to get is about $345,000. You might possibly be able to push it to 65% (about $374,000). And note: Some hard money lenders require the points up front. Others are willing to wait until closing.

If all you're looking for is $36,200, then find a private lender. Start with your local REIAs. An investor-friendly Realtor also might be able to help.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 12, 2013
Marty Shields answered:
As soon as you have a Texas residence.

If you need help fing a home and help finding a Finance company let me know. Being retired military I know how tough it can be moving to a new town, state counrty.

Marty Shields
Real Living/Best Homes
210-725-9607 cell
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Justin Werner answered:
This is a great question for your lawyer and no Realtor can really / should address it as this gets into the practice of law. This is why a final walk-through prior to closing is important. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Jesus Soto answered:
Hello from the states! I've done this many times for clients overseas and across borders. I have dedicated resources and procedures to get this done and have helped both civilian and military.

Please email me if you would like to get started right away.

Jesus Soto
Exit Realty Partners II
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice