Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Saint Paul : Real Estate Advice

  • All178
  • Local Info27
  • Home Buying67
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions5

Activity 82
Sun Sep 27, 2009
Fred Griffin answered:
In many states, Real Estate Agents are required by Law to present any Reasonable Offer to the Seller, unless instructed otherwise in writing by that Seller. Failure to present Offers may be a violation of Fiduciary or Agency Relationship.

If the Realtor will not present the offer, take it directly to the Seller, based upon advice and counsel from your Real Estate Attorney.

See an Attorney for Legal Advice.

Best wishes,
Fred Griffin
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 2, 2014
Teddy Jagessar answered:
When a lender is willing to allow the sale of a house for less than the mortgage absorbing the loss
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 2, 2009
CCC answered:
Your offer could be rejected or counter.
What price does yoru Reator think the property is worth?
Ussually listing price is close to sell price. Request from your Realtor a CMA based on such property and check how close/far your offer will be.
Assesment value is for Tax property porpuses.
... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 6, 2010
CCC answered:
Hi, there is alot going to on that neigborhood.
For example:
Pohland Fundation.

It is hystoric neghborhood.

There are grants to fix the homes with some restrictions.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Stacey Wyatt answered:

My gut says that you would not qualify since you were on Title, but definitely a question that would be best suited for a Real Estate Attorney or your CPA.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 8, 2009
Kim Eisen answered:
I would call them and ask them why they sent it to you. It does seem odd, but they may have inadvertantly sent it to you rather than 'back' to the estate trustee. Worth a call and let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Kim Eisen
RE/MAX Specialists
Realtor since 1980
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Aug 12, 2009
Gary Meek answered:
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 24, 2012
Cameron Piper answered:

I don't know that real estate agents are really qualified to answer your question. Hopefully there will be a medical doctor out there who sees your question and can answer it for you.

Cameron Piper
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 5, 2009
Darwin answered:
Have this discussion with your REALTOR representative. He or She will guide you to the best price and value for the home.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Julia A answered:
In this case it's probably reffering to "as is" addendum meaning that once the house is sold, the seller cannot be be held liable for any defects. This does NOT release the seller from the responsibility to disclose all KNOWN material defects prior to sale. However, if you're looking at foreclosed properties, the seller is the bank that has never occupied the property and thus sincerely doesn't know about any defects. Be very cautious and remember that a thorough inspection is a must in both cases!

Julia Armani
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 18, 2009
Alina Vizenor answered:
You are not giving enough information to comment. Are you the buyer or seller? Is the listing agent representing you? Is this a short sale? (I would assume it is based on the "10 weeks"...... ) ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun May 31, 2009
Susan Hofflander answered:
Not sure what you mean. You file for it as part of your tax filing. Then, you wait for a refund like you do with any tax refund. Is that what you did? If that's the case, you should be receiving it according to what the IRS says, 4-6 weeks from your filing. So, did you include it as part of your 2008 tax year filing even if you closed in 09? Perhaps you amended your 2008 return. In which case, check with the IRS to see what they are saying as far as receiving refunds as part of an amended return. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue May 5, 2009
Jason Sandquist answered:
here is a link to the Environmental Protection Agency Mold page and has resources on mold remediation,
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Elizabeth Fuller answered:
Congratulations on your new home! You will find the amendment forms also on the IRS website. You might want to call the IRS help line. They really will assist you. It may also be that you would be able to wait, and file for the credit for the 2008 tax year. The IRS website or helpline, or the consumer affairs department of our MN attorney general's office is another resource you can use. Good luck! Liz, Associates Realty, LLC 612-986-4105 ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 9, 2009
Heather and Justin Johnson answered:
Hello! My husband and I are a real estate team in St Paul, specifically focused on the areas that you mentioned. If you would like to learn more about us, please visit our website. Once you feel comfortable, give us a call. I think once we had a chance to sit down, meet, and talk about your goals--you would find we have a very in-depth knowledge of the neighborhoods you mentioned. Hope to hear from you! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu May 10, 2012
Aaron Dickinson answered:
You will need to refer to the contract language. There may be a "protective list" that the agent provides that precludes you from making an offer on that property on your own and not paying the buyer agent commission. ... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 1, 2009
Shawna Gibson answered:
Hi Rhoda,

Realtors can only direct you to resources regarding crime and safety as we don't track this information and can't offer our opinion (what is "safe" to me might not be to you). My advice is to contact the local police precinct and ask for crime maps, or to talk with their community crime prevention officer. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 1, 2009
Susan Hofflander answered:
Do you mean like the Wee house?

I don't know of any in St. Paul, but there are a couple over in the Bryn Mawr area of Minneapolis. Does it have to be in St. Paul? And, are you interested in buying one or in finding land on which to build one? ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 26, 2009
Samantha J. Strong answered:
The answer isn't very straightforward. The City of St. Paul is very easy to work with, but it depends on the project, neighborhood, and if your design requires any variances. Some neighborhoods are designated Historic Districts, and in fact, their board trumps the City when it comes to aesthetic elements of any construction or remodeling project. Other communities are more flexible, welcoming any project that removes a blighted property or adds value to the neighborhood.
If you'd like to talk about this further, please contact me directly at

Real Estate Broker and General Contractor
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Teresa Boardman answered:
Your ability to get financing depends upon your credit score. I know this is a well duh, but the best thing to do would be to see a lender. They will tell you what your wcore has to be to get the financing you want. You may need to wait a few more months but it is worth it. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5
Search Advice