Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Saint Louis : Real Estate Advice

  • All573
  • Local Info50
  • Home Buying183
  • Home Selling39
  • Market Conditions20

Activity 324
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Monica Brewer answered:
Try Stephen Kuhn at (314) 843-4443. He covers it all.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Nov 21, 2013
huelsingbroad answered:
SUCKED!!! the person i worked with was extremely slow in handling the paperwork. we jumped through their loopholes and still got nowhere. but if you have all the time in the world, and are willing to let them take over your finances, and have no problem doing the community service requirements, they can get you a great rate! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 15, 2012
Michael Been answered:
Get pre approved by your choice of lender asap or at least you can find out where you stand and what you need to do to get qualified. When your approved call me I'll help you find and negoitiate your home purchase. As well as save you some $$$! If you don't have a lender of choice contact me to get you set up with one. Mike Been Remax 314-477-5061. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 13, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
Finding rent to own properties is difficult in poor sales markets. These day sellers want to sell and move on and not be landlords with renters that might not be able to buy in a year or two. Rent to owns rarely work out and are almost always bad deals for renters.

I suggest you rent a house and save and when you can buy, then buy what you want.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 9, 2017
Judy Bond answered:
The Title Company can do that at the time of closing. In the state of Missouri a spouse has ownership unless there is a prenuptial agreement. Best wishes. Judy Bond, Star Performers Realtors. ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 27, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible, either ask again, or directly contact the listing agent for any necessary information, or any local agent/realty office can also help, they all have access to the same information, or if you know who management is, contact them directly... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Colleen Lawler answered:
Hi! I run a team and have an agent who is outstanding at working with folks like you. She will help you buy the right kind of properties that will make you money and help you avoid bad decisions. That's important in a long distance relationship. Let me know if we can help ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 26, 2011
Maria Morton answered:
Yes, if you've had some obstacles in your life and are having trouble qualifying for a mortgage, NACA may be able to help. They will require you attend classes and pay them $50/month extra on your mortgage but may also offer to make payments if you lose your job or become disabled. If there's no other way, you might want to try them. Have you spoken to a local real estate agent to see if they can help you find a lender? Also, if there is an agent you want to work with, you need to make sure that NACA understands that UPFRONT; otherwise they will just assign you to an agent they select. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 23, 2013
Molly Mosley (Hay), CDPE,CNE, MIP, SFR answered:
If you husband isn't on your current mortgage than he would not be affect at all on your short sale. Did you ever refinance and add him to the mortgage? If not than he isn't affected at all!! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 26, 2016
Scott Godzyk answered:
Melanie the 2 best sources should be your buyer broker and your loan officer. Both should have contacts they have worked with before. At worst if your agent and your loan officer are inexpereinced with 203k you should have them ask their coworkers for contractors they have used. You should not be left alone to search for one on your own. good luck with your purchase ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Bob Waters answered:
You will find that lenders generally will have the same rates for the same types of loans regardless of who the name of the lender is. BOA has been a source of 203K money, but it is getting more difficult to find these types of loans. Many investors are no longer wanting to take the risk often associated with these loans. Wells Fargo may be another source and you might want to check with Eagle or Pulaski banks in Saint Louis.
As it seems you are trying to purchase a property, I would hope you have a real estate agent representing you. Ask your agent as he/she should have local banking contacts that can counsel you on options. The chances of getting what you need done in 2 weeks is virtually impossible, given the underwriting requirements most lenders have and especially on a 203K type loan. You will more than likely need to ask for an extension for your loan. Talk to your agent.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 15, 2011
Margaret Hassani answered:
It's better to do a short sale. Your bank will probably prefer you sell you property in a short sale so they don't have to carry it on their books. Click the link below to learn more about short sales. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
Bentley it depends if the bank accepted your payments, when you get 2 months behind they often demans everything that is past due including teh current month. i would call your bank and ask, they have the only answer that counts. good luck working things out ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
Defaulting on a loan is what sends properties into foreclosure. There will be a foreclosure sale in which case they will auction off the house at the courthouse. Often the banks gets it back. States are different and in some they can require you to pay back the amount owed. It will certainly wreck your credit for some time.

Perhaps look to the lender and surrender your keys in in place of foreclosure. It might make it a little better on you.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 13, 2013
David Chiles answered:
Thanks for your question about figuring out whether or not a house is a foreclosure or not . A good agent has access to this information. I recommend contacting an agent. RealtyTrac has a contact button on their site and I know the agents they work with would have this info. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Bob Waters answered:
The 63139 area is one of the best areas of Saint Louis. This is a family friendly area, with good homes, schools and convenient shopping. Prices remain stable in most of this area and you can pick up a multi-family unit for a good price. Single family properties can get pricier and thus command higher rent. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Mark Butler answered:

The Central West End and Downtown are the most popular areas for young single professionals. I am 25 myself and many of my friends live in these areas. In the Central West End there are plenty of good restaurants nearby, and many popular entertainment destinations for those our age. I believe downtown has more housing options, and there is more to do than the Central West End Area (more restaurants, shopping, etc). Public transportation is available in both areas.

Mark E. Butler
HRS Realty
3014 Pershall Road
St. Louis, MO 63136
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 22, 2011
Gary Geer answered:
There are no set commissons. Contact a few agents in your area and ask them what they charge. This is a very tough market to sell your home yourself. You may actually sell your home for more money and have fewer problems if you use an agent. Agents get the exposure for your home that you can't get as a FSBO.

All the best,
Gary Geer
... more
0 votes 14 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 12, 2012
Jennifer Kile answered:
Hi. I can help you find just what you're looking for. I am an experienced agent and very familiar with this area.
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
... 5 6 7 8 9 ...
Search Advice