Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Saint Louis : Real Estate Advice

  • All574
  • Local Info50
  • Home Buying183
  • Home Selling39
  • Market Conditions20

Activity 324
Thu May 24, 2012
Connie Bequette answered:

First, check your closing papers from when you first bought the should have a survey. If not, St Louis County's website for a plot plan is:

Good luck and please call if you need further assistance. Connie Bequette 314-609-2485
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 20, 2012
Bill Keefer answered:
I would 1st make 100% certian you do not qualify for a short sale.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Kristin Blankenship answered:
It will be October of 2013. It must be two years after the closing of a foreclosure or short sale before you can buy again.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 13, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Check with local realty offices, or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership information before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 25, 2012
James Michael Elfrank answered:
Check with the Southside Investment club. or, they may be able to help.

J. Michael Elfrank
Hermann London Realty Group
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Scott Helt answered:
I'm looking for sellers who will allow the buyer to take over the motgage for homes that are 3+ bed, 2+ bath anywhere that isn't north of highway 70
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 26, 2012
Monica Brewer answered:
Marketing and price are the only 2 items that will sell property. I would verify both are consistent with your needs.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 24, 2012
Ronald Gorman answered:
A real estate agent is not allowed to address that type of question. There are web sites that could assist you.

Ron Gorman
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 21, 2012
Greg Bowen answered:
The condo fee for the one on Little Rock Road (B) IS #128 per. What else can I help answer??
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 27, 2012
Jeremy J. Geppert answered:
With your current credit score, income and low DTI ratio, you'll have a fair chance at obtaining a loan from a mortgage lender or credit union. However, depending on the price of the home you're seeking, $3,000 is not a very high down payment. Secondly, the pool of sellers willing to work with lease-purchase contracts can be limited at times. I'd recommend speaking with a mortgage professional first to see if you can qualify and then look into the benefits of leasing, lease-purchase or possibly purchasing outright. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 24, 2013
John Mathews answered:
The state program in Missouri allows you to use credits on your primary residence or an income producing property but the fedeeral program requires that the property be an income producing property. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 25, 2012
Dale Weir answered:
OK, first, the bank may not agree to just foreclose on you. Second, legally, the bank has to follow certain steps in order to foreclose, or it's not legal.

For your reference, a short sale of your home remains on your credit rating for 3 years. A foreclosure remains on your credit rating for 5-7 years. A deed in lieu of foreclosure (which is sounds like you really want to do) is also 5-7 years.

In order to "give the home back to the bank", you need to contact the lien holder (bank that holds the mortgage) and talk to them. Tell them you would like to give them the deed to the home in lieu of foreclosure. They will most likely ask for your financial data and your reason why you want to walk away from the home. If they determine that you are capable of paying the mortgage and just don't want to, they can come after you legally for the money that is owed.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you sit down with a HUD counselor and talk to them before you do anything. Call 877-422-9040 for FREE counseling before you do anything. They can do it in person, or over the phone. Taking the time to talk to the counselors can prevent a lot of grief for you later on.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 9, 2012
Monica Brewer answered:
I am a local specialist in Webster Groves and would be happy to help you.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Dale Weir answered:
"as is" buyers (investment buyers), typically pay 60% of what the home will go for with a regular sale. Right now, there are enough homes on the market, that they are being very picky about the ones they buy. If there are issues with the home or it's location, they will move on to a home that doesn't have issues. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Ted Wight answered:
Please let me know if you would like some references of lenders who can answer this question better.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Monica Brewer answered:
Yes. If you need names of lenders, please let me know - I have some great contacts!
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Dale Weir answered:
Abby, Please be aware that your question is going out to a very broad audience. Unless you give us more specifics, we don't know if you are talking about an area in Kansas City or in St Louis.

In St Louis, we have a Central West End, but I've never heard of an area that is referred to only as "West End". We do have an area that is known as Visitation Park that is north of Delmar, west of Union, east of Belt and South of Maple, but I"m not sure if that's the area that you are talking about. The Visitation Park area in St Louis is actually a Historic District and has some lovely homes in it, many of which have been renovated, but there are also some brand new housing developments being built in the area.

In terms of the crime rate, I will refer you to the St Louis City website which gives the crime stats by neighborhood, district and ward.

The area is home to St Louis City Public Schools, including magnet schools such as Soldan International Studies High School and some private/parochial schools.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Since no link is visible, consider Google Maps; or directly contact the listing agent; or any local agent/realty office can also help, they all have access to the same information....
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 2, 2012
Monica Brewer answered:
Bill Newhouse of Shelter Insurance is on top of his game. His phone number is (314) 961-3478. Best of luck with your investments!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
... 4 5 6 7 8 ...
Search Advice