Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Tech Tips in Sacramento County : Real Estate Advice

  • All153
  • Local Info12
  • Home Buying90
  • Home Selling6
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 4
Sat Feb 5, 2011
Nick Seevers answered:
It depends on the HOA. Some will cover maintenance of the house and yard. Some will cover just the community area.

Nick Seevers
Century 21 All Professional
(916) 715-8417
DRE #01862254 ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 9, 2008
Jeff Werolin answered:
Hi Gary -
First, I'll let you knwo that I am the Co-manager of the Lyon Real Estate office in Folsom, so my views will be somewhat subjective. That said you asked a good question, training and support are absolutely critical to your success in real estate sales. I believe that every brokerage will tell you they have the best training (myself included!), and the best way for you to really discover what will work best for you is to interview with a few different brokerages to really gauge for yourself. You also want to try to get a feel for the support you will receive, and for the culture of the office - each office has it's own culture, even within a brokerage.
At Lyon we do offer extensive training programs taught live by seasoned trainers and myself, and have video training resources available on our company intranet site. Some of our programs include a one week intensive course, a 12 week program of courses taught twice per week, and Brian Buffini's 100 Days to Greatness - taught live in our office. We have ongoing sales and marketing training weekly and one on one coaching to help you develop and execute a marketing and business plan. Our in office support includes two Managers and a Quality Assurance Mentor here to answer questions. We have been very successful in having agents join our office from other firms recently because of the training and culture we offer. Let me know if you would like more infromation about Lyon, and be sure to interview with a few brokerages to find the best one for you!
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2007
Rob Moffatt answered:
I work in the South Beach district of San Francsoc where there are a large percentage of condos. I found a website recenly called There you can quickly get average rental information by address and type of structure. I have personally cross-checked the data from the site with actual rent units in the area. It's a wonderful resourse for getting the ballpark rates. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 15, 2007
Sarah Campbell answered:
The term "responsible" implies that the Seller is required by some state or local mandate to have this specifc type of insulation...and that is not the case.

There are certain building codes that are in affect NOW but those codes/standards are not retroactive, meaning that a seller is not required to update their 1950's home to current 2007 standards. The only items that are "required" by State Law pertain to smoke detectors and water heater bracing. Other than these items, all other 'requests' made by the buyer are simply that, requests. It is up to the buyer and seller to negotiate any other items to be repaired, replaced, removed etc. and the costs associated with those items.

In short, you can ASK for whatever you want from the seller, but they are under no obligation to say "yes".
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice