Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rockford : Real Estate Advice

  • All207
  • Local Info15
  • Home Buying60
  • Home Selling15
  • Market Conditions9

Activity 72
Sat May 5, 2012
Brad Marinelli answered:
Which home are you talking about? Their is no mention of which home in your e-mail.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu May 3, 2012
Ken & Brenda Christiansen answered:
Have you spoken with a contractor or are you doing the work yourself? Best to talk to knowledgeable contractor. We have noticed that the small additions are generally higher per square foot cost than larger spaces because the planning and start up costs are about the same. Which means that the startup cost is spread over a larger space and $/ sq. ft. is lower as a result. When speaking to a contractor be prepared with a dimensioned sketch, selection of materials for finishes, etc.. Then you can get 2 or 3 bids and everyone is working to the same requirements. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Laurie Christofano answered:
If you've got $100k in liquid assets then you should sell the house for whatever you can and move on with life... Anything else could be considered mortgage fraud, and if you walk away and let it foreclose you'll end up with a deficiency judgment and owe the bank that money anyway. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 9, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
I would like to help you but,
I cannot get a straight question from you!
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Fri Mar 30, 2012
Maria Gilda Racelis answered:
Hello Missy,

Your best route is to contact a lender/mortgage/loan officer in your area. Your qualifying amount is not only dependent or based on your annual income. There are factors to be considered like your current debt, loan, etc.

I hope this helps. In the meantime, please watch this video I prepared for my home buyers, especially first-time home buyers.
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 5, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
It really boils down to personal preferences, location, etc., where would you be happiest...
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 27, 2012
Nestor Apreda answered:
Please call me at 815-703-8783 and I will give you the information. Thanks. Nestor Apreda.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Tim Moore answered:
Just like a rent to buy property it is a risk to the seller that the buyer might default, leave the property in worse shape and you have to start all over again to sell it. I personally would not do it, but it's up to you. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 13, 2012
Anthony Cavalea IV answered:
After Obama is gone and the war on capitalism ends.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 6, 2012
Marie Souza Team answered:
Gary - It's always better, in our opionion, to go to the actual classes. Try calling your local real estate board for class info.
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 19, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
Evidently, not having enough money to pay the Mortgage is not considered a "Hardship".
So, the next step will be the foreclosure.
This could take from a month to 12 months:

You will receive a notice of Trustee Sale at which time, either the house will be auctioned to a 3rd party, or the Bank will officially foreclose.
You would then be contacted by an Agent who will offer you Moving Money to move within 30 days and do no harm to the house. You will then know your moving date.

Good luck and may God bless
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 12, 2012
Alan May answered:
I wanted my mother-in-law to move to Rockford, too... but she wouldn't leave Evanston.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 17, 2015
Brian Lignelli
Managing Partner
Continuum Capital Funding, LLC
520 W. Erie St., Ste. 300-S
Chicago, IL 60654
o: 312-640-7435
f: 866-218-0048 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 25, 2011
Nicholas S Nelson answered:

This would be a question to ask a real estate attorney. I don't know if there are any that will respond on here. If not, get with a real estate attorney asap.

Good Luck, ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 4, 2012
Abu Musa answered:
Good luck.I hope you will be the owner of your dream home.This is the best time to buy considering market price and interest rate. If you are qualified for mortgage buy as soon as you can before the price and interest rate going up.Thank you. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 6, 2011
Brian Voss answered:
I would recommend you contact your insurance carrier of choice and ask this question, as I feel they would be in a better position to answer this question. While I can see the possibility of certain benefits to everyone utilizing the same carrier, I am unsure if the Association would have the legal authority to carry out any such mandate. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 20, 2011
Marianne asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu May 5, 2011
Charles Roos answered:
Usually you have to have a check from the company that is employing you, or in this case your husband, to close on a loan. Depending on the circumstances, and the job your husband has, some banks will consider using the contract your husband signed and just make him actually be on the job for one day to close on the mortgage. My wife is a mortgage lender at US Bank. You can try contacting her at 815-987-3821 and get more specific information. Charlie Roos ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 19, 2011
Bill Eckler answered:

What type of information are you seeking? Usually the local chamber of commerce is a great resource for obtaining information about an area. Don't overlook doing a websearch as well.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4
Search Advice
Rockford Zip Codes