Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Riverview : Real Estate Advice

  • All38
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling9
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 18
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Haig Istamboulian answered:

One of the sites that sells homes by auction is But one word of caution, the homes do NOT sell to the Highest bidder, even though it may seem that way. The properties have reserve prices so even though it looks like they sold, they may not really have sold.

There are other auction companies that sell Real Estate, here are some sites for you to check out;

I am registered with all of these sites to bid for you so I can help you. Feel free to contact me, my contact information is listed below.

Thank you,

Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Joe Bertera answered:
I can email you listings that are listed as land contract homes, just let me know you email address.

Here is a list of homes in the downriver area that are currently available for land contract. If you would like to see any please let me know. You can call, text, or email me anytime.


Joe Bertera. 248.521.6443
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 25, 2012
Suzanne MacDowell answered:
There is not enough information here to answer your question. The best thing you can do is to meet with a realtor and perhaps even an attorney to review the specifics of your situation and get their provessional opinion about possible options. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 16, 2012
Haig Istamboulian answered:

When you say your credit score is "not good" what do you mean? What is your credit score? If it is around 640 you may qualify for a mortgage. Some lenders do offer programs for scores lower than that, but not many.

The best way to see what you may qualify for, or what you will need to do to help you qualify for a mortgage, is talk to a lender. Let me know if you need a few contacts for a lender. They will ask you a few questions and see what you can qualify for. If you don't qualify, ask the lender what you can do to improve your score.

Thank you and let me know if you need anything else.

Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Karen Paytas answered:
Hi Gayle:

Talk to a mortgage lender. They can best advise you on what you would need to do. Some mortgages don't take into consideration medical bills.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 4, 2011
Stephen Connolly answered:
Talk to your stock broker first. Then a Realtor who should first get you pre-approved by a mortgage broker. Thanks Steve
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 16, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
In order to determine if you qualify for a loan, consider visiting with any qualified loan officer(s), after reviewing your overall financial information, a determination on qualification can be made--if you qualify you can buy.... ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri May 24, 2013
Andy Hargreaves answered:
Sad to say, but you're going to most likely need to wait for the home to be relisted in a few months (in most cases).

It's likely in lawyer land now, so you have to let it run its course and then be relisted. Have your agent set up a reverse search for the home address and as soon as it is listed you can run back, view the home and offer on it. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 11, 2009
Patrick Thies answered:
You can not get the credit if you purchase a home from a family member or if a spouse has owned a home as their primary residence within the past three years. You can check this link for additional questions regarding the tax credit. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 1, 2008
Rose Mary Simms answered:
My office is not in Wyandotte however I have sold several homes Down River. I am familiar with land contracts. How can I help you?

Rose Mary Simms
Keller Williams Realty
248-471-2443 ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 18, 2008
Eileen Musser ex realtor answered:
If it is worth $130k and you are willing to sell for $100k go ahead and put it on the market for something between those two numbers. The more you want to sell, the lower the price should be.

If your assessment is correct, then it will sell. However, if you are advertising it for $140K don't expect people to know that you want to unload it and they should come in with all offers.

Get the price where it should be, or a bit lower, and get-er done. The bank is not going to want your property.

Eileen's Green team at Gateway
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 27, 2008
smith3gary answered:

Real Estate Professionals in Riverview Florida may be able to answer your question. It was posted in Michigan. This is a very common mistake that Trulia needs to correct.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 23, 2008
Connie answered:
Hi Tara; your best best would be to contact your lendor(s) to see what is available. I believe there used to be incentives for teachers, etc., but in these times, those incentives may no longer exist. Best of Luck, Connie ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Talk to a local realtor and look in the newspapers, craigslist, etc. Unfortunately unless it's a home for sale there might not be a ton of agents willing to work with you (smaller payday).

You also might want to look into an FHA loan so maybe you can buy something now.

If the dates are being made more current on your credit troubles then you may want to tackle them right away and negotiate settlements with the creditors. These items won't come off your credit report unless you take care of them or until the creditors stop reporting for 7 years.

If you want to try to get pre-qualified for a loan I'd be glad to try to help.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Sonya Loose answered:
You may want to try placing an ad online or in your local paper. There are people who buy park models to place on land or in another park somewhere. There may be someone who would want to buy it where it sits now too. Can any Realtors in your area help you? Another option may be to consider renting the home to cover your payment until it sells. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 21, 2009
Other/Just Looking answered:
A local mortgage broker will almost certainly have lending sources for you... if that is your only resource. "Hard Money" is based strictly on equity and is offered by individual investors as well as specialty lenders.

If you don't have a trusted person to recommend a mortgage broker, you can do two things.

First, if you are buying a home, ask your Realtor for a recommendation. Any Realtor who has been in business for a while will have 2 or 3 folks to recommend based on a solid track record of prior performance with the Realtor's clients.

Second, contact your state's Mortgage Broker Association. I've attached the link for Michigan below. Most bona fide brokers will be members (but not always), and most members will be trustworthy (but not always).
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Diane Glander answered:
Not likely. The bank will find out in a full disclosure that you own other propreties (primary residence) and will expect you to sell something else if you cannot sell your investment property. That's what my mortgage brokers and accountants are saying, anyway. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Riverview Zip Codes