Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Riverdale : Real Estate Advice

  • All37
  • Local Info10
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 7
Tue Nov 15, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
Ask your real estate agent to get this info for you if any is available. It is likely that you will have to have an inspection done once you get a contract on the house you like. A septic inspection can be done to determine the condition of the septic tank and the field. This will often require the tank to be pumped out and I try to ask the sellers to do that in a contract when I work for the buyers. Many places require a well to be tested prior to closing, ask you agent. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
John Walin answered:
Assuming you need a mortgage to buy the new place, probably not. First banks require 6 months of reserves for both house payments to avoid a buy and bail scenario. Some people have used the scenario you describe as a way to get into a better house and then once the new house closes, stop payments on the first house. Underwriting has gotten really tough! Also renting to a family member might be construed as not an arms length transaction. This scenario depends on so many factors. Job history and reported taxable income, Debt to asset ratios and of course credit score. For sure it would be easier to buy another house if you sold this house first. Banks scrutinize everything nowadays.
If you like my answer, please select best answer and give a thumbs up, thanks!
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Kim Noonan answered:
Hello FreDrena:
$2200 a month seems a little high for your area, but it will depend upon your property's size, condition and amenities. If you're wanting to look into Section 8 programs for property owners, try this link for help:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Nov 26, 2010
Brian Rayl answered:
Typically this has to come from a surveyor, and it will come at your expense. Typically a title search has to be done before a survey can be completed so that the surveyor knows exactly where to survey. The title search would also be done at your expense unless you decide to go under contract, then it depends on what the contract states.

If in doubt, ask a real estate agent in your area as real estate laws vary from state to state. You can also speak with a title lawyer or real estate lawyer in your area that may be able to provide more insight into your specific issue.

If you need a referral to any one of these in your area, please feel free to contact me.

Brian Rayl, REALTOR®, e-PRO
Keller Williams Elite - Dallas Park Cities
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 25, 2008
Maria Morton answered:
The seller can ask any price he wishes; the buyer can offer any they wish.
To get the home sold, both parties will need to be reasonable.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 16, 2016
Ida Mccarthy answered:
When you purchased your home, you should have gotten a "plat of survey". That's what you need. If you can't find it, call a survey company and they will come out and measure your property. Hope this helps you! ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Monir Mamoun answered:
Hi Nia, it's a very weighty question indeed -- I wrote a four part blog about whether it is the "right time to buy." It is not specific to Riverdale, but you should find good food for thought. Link below. Good luck! ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Riverdale Zip Codes