Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

River Edge : Real Estate Advice

  • All25
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying9
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Brenda Lee Zabriskie answered:
Do you have questions on selling your home? Are you looking to see what your home is worth? If you need help or have questions, please give me a call.

Brenda Zabriskie 973-219-8824
EXIT Towne & Country Realty
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 11, 2013
Leen Mosley answered:
Hello Marian,
I would love to answer your question by giving you a Price Trend Analysis and market absorpsion rates for River Edge and possibly neighboring towns.
Feel free to call me to set up an appointment!

Leen Mosley
Weichert, Realtors - Alpine/Closter Office
142 Oakland Avenue in Closter, NJ 07624
Cell 201-615-5871 - Office 201-767-8600 ext. 152
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Barbara Ostroth answered:
The only two rentals listed in NJMLS are on Midland Ave, and both do not accept any pets.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 20, 2012
Diane Mcvey answered:
Typically buyers are looking for the half bath on the first floor to avoid running up (or down) stairs. There could be a few reasons why the house is on the market for so long....priced too high, location, or buyers don't want River Edge's high taxes. If the house is everything you want and you don't mind doing stairs to use the bathroom.....go for it! I grew up in River Edge, it's a nice town. Like every town, it has its pluses and minuses. Good luck!! ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Barbara Ostroth answered:
In a nutshell, the market is HOPPING! Our office is one of the top agencies in the area servicing the Oradell/River Edge market, and we are doing boom business this spring! Continued low mortgage rates plus well-priced homes in a lovely community such as yours is a winning combination. If you need a market analysis on your home, please give me a call -- I would be happy to help you! If you are looking for real estate in Bergen County, I can put my 28 years of experience to work for you!
My best,
Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker Residential RE
537 Kinderkamack Rd, Oradell
201-262-6600 office
201-965-3105 cell
... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 21, 2010
Peter J Rogers answered:
In a word NO. with a foreclosure you are normally buying a property strictly "as is" which means the seller is not responsible for the correction of any problems. Furthermore you would be expected to correct the problems before the town will issue a C od O (in some cases)
Too many people seem to think buying a foreclosure is an easy way of getting a house cheaply. Its not since you may be inheriting a boat load of problems that you simply may not be aware of.
At the very least make sure that the bank holding the property will allow you to do a home inspection so that you can at least bail out if something serious is unearthed. and do not assume that an inspection is allowed.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Mar 21, 2010
Henry 78 asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 27, 2009
Peter J Rogers answered:
Go with the fixed. In actual fact the ARM payments would normally be based on a 30 yr paydown. If you want to accelerate principal paydown pay an extra amount each month - you would be purprised the effect this has. Even some thing as simple as paying 1/2 of the payment every 2 weeks makes a big difference. Most banks can provide you with a chart showing the effects of programs like this.
Why I am telling you this is that a lot of economists are forecasting a serious uptick in inflation over the next few yrs and to be stuck with an ARM resetting in 5 yrs makes no sense
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 1, 2009
Barbara Weismann answered:
I think that you may be looking at what was called the California Ranch when that area of River Edge was developed in the mid to late 1950's. If it looks like there's a boxy shape in the middle of the front facade with a flat roof section, then that's it. Back then, this was a hugely popular and highly contemporary style. Today we don't quite see it that way.

I don't remember the builder's name but I can tell you it was done in other communities as well by a variety of builders. Anything relating to California was "hot" back then as was contemporary styling. I hope this answers your question. You might want to call the River Ege Borough Hall (201-599-6303) and ask for the name of the Borough Historian who, I am sure, can give you more information on this.
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 24, 2010
Linda S. Cefalu answered:
Dear Snoopy,

What state are you in?

0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Carlos "Alex" Jesus answered:
Hi Amanda,

Yes you can! You obviously understand that you're not getting a palace, but a decent place as you describe. Towns like North Arlington, Lyndhurst, East Rutherford and Rutherford (there's a foreclosure Coming) may offer several choices. Keep looking in site such as this one and you will find something. Best of luck! ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 7, 2008
Sharon Kozinn answered:
Dear Joseph,
You should contact a qualified contractor. They will be able to tell you what is entailed in the demolition. Also, call the town hall and check to see what permits you will need.
Good Luck.
Sharon Kozinn
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
River Edge Zip Codes