Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Richmond County : Real Estate Advice

  • All9
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 239
Tue Oct 5, 2010
Wanda Bond answered:
Hands down, Wells Fargo's 2% down, no appraisal.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 23, 2010
Tony Proto answered:
Hi Invest,

There are 2 major websites which feature this information (full detailed information requires membership and associated dues): and

You may also contact a real estate agent who can furnish this information to you. Please let me know if I may be of service to you. I hold the SFR (Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource)– a National Association of REALTORS® certification earned by a real estate professional who has completed a training program in assisting buyer and seller clients with distressed properties.

I have listed and sold many REO properties.

Tony Proto

Tony Proto
REALTOR®, Senior Housing Specialist™, e-PRO®, SFR
Multi-Million Dollar Producer
Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia

Virginia Properties, A Long & Foster Company
412 Libbie Avenue, Richmond, VA 23226
Office: 804-287-4686
Fax: 804-285-0437
Web Site:
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 1, 2010
Vicky Chrisner answered:
Sat Aug 28, 2010
Courtney Gore Smith answered:
LMBO at the end of your comment, not sure about the type of agreement you signed but if its not working, send the broker a notice of termination, and move on.
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Pacita Dimacali answered:
As a realtor, we are a lot of things to a buyer. First and foremost, we are consultant/advisers.

We ask a lot of questions to determine if the buyer is preapproved for a loan, what his long-term and short-term goals are, his requirements and preferences. I think these are critical steps before we even show the first property. I "show" properties by pulling up information online, and together, the buyer and I discuss the pros and cons of each. Doing this, I get a much better sense of what appeals to the buyer and what he can afford; and he, in turn has a better understanding of the market.

And once that need is fulfilled, i.e., the buyer completes the purchase, the relationship continues. As a realtor, I invest in this relationship, I nurture it (by keeping in touch from time to time, answering questions and providing resources as needed). The payoff is in referrals received.

Good service is: service before, during and after the sale.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 19, 2010
Pam Davis answered:
Kathy - what you need is an agent certified in distressed properties as they are the MOST knowledgeable. For the homes in Essex county you can do to and put in the zip code and it will bring up agents who have this certification and can help you. I can help you in Hanover if you would like. Just give me a call at 405-5460. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Ty Dwyer answered:
That a great question for a lender. You may want to try my contact at Access Mortgage a really honest, good guy named Mark Hood, his phone number(which he always answers btw) is 804-323-8026 ext 229. Tell him Ty Dwyer sent you his way. There is no obligation to use him as your lender, but he would be able to answer that easily.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 12, 2010
Monica Mullholand answered:
Hello again Michelle,

You can research owners, etc. through the city of Richmond tax assessment records. Try searching on their website below.

Hope that helps.

0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jul 11, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
Well, first, do you have a problem?

Being upside down on a house isn't itself a problem. If you are able to make your payments, you make your payments. After a while, as the real estate market improves and you pay down your mortgage, you won't be upside down any more.

So, just owing more than your home is worth isn't enough for any "program."

If you're not able to make your payments, then you have a variety of options. You can ask your lender for a loan modification. The lender, naturally, will want to make sure that you need a modification. Often, though, that's a reduction in the interest rate, not a reduction of the principal.

If you can't make your payments and your lender won't grant a loan modification, you can try for a short sale. Again, though, you'll have to justify hardship. And, again, your lender will have to approve the sale.

If you go that route, there are a couple of government programs--HAMP and HAFA--that are supposed to speed up the process.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 24, 2010
x answered:
Not to my knowledge but you can call me to find similar properties in the area.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 13, 2010
Susan Fisher answered:
What are your requirements? timeframe, size, etc. Would be happy to move you in the right direction.

Susan Fisher
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Johnson & Thomas
804-338-3378 ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Tony Proto answered:

Try ACS, 804-399-1033. Hope this is helpful.

Thank You,
Tony Proto
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri May 28, 2010
Scott Godzyk answered:
Unfortanately you dont have any days, you are the new owner. Now as far as taking care of those problems, if you got a mortgage you would have used a title company or closing attorney, they should have completed a title search. If you paid cash, hopfully you paid for a title search. The title search would have found these liens. Now if you have a mortgage you should have title insurance and hopfully you purchased owners title insurance.

Your first call should be to teh title company, the attorney should take care of this for you at no cost, otherwise you do have legal recourse against them. You can also file a claim with your owners title insurance, and if you didnt get it and have a mortgage, call you bank.

Your only other choice is hire an attorney to handle all this for you.

good luck working things out
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri May 28, 2010
Kent Gagon answered:
I don't understand the question? You have closed on a home and you want to know if you can walk on the deal? Please explain more in detail so we can assist you properly
Thank you
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri May 21, 2010
Brenda Feria answered:

The median price for the Richmond and surrounding areas in 2006 was $253,083. The median price for the Richmond and surrounding areas in 2009-2010 present is $224,529. That is 11.28% difference.

Brenda Feria
Real Living Eudailey Real Estate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 11, 2011
Dp2 answered:
You need speak with that agent's broker, and if that doesn't work, then speak with an attorney.

Actually, you do have other options besides doing a short-sale: deed in lieu, seller financing, etc. ... more
0 votes 16 answers Share Flag
Thu May 20, 2010
Michael Bannett answered:
Call their broker. Voice your displeasure. Ask to improve the working relationship. Give them a chance to fix the problem, if not ask for a termination of the listing contract and then find another agent who comes highly recommended from other people you know and trust! ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 6, 2010
Trevolyn Haines answered:
You will be fine for the Fed Tax credit as long as you close by the end of June.
Congrats on your new home!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Mason Packard, ABR, GRI answered:
Certainly, Contact me at 877-360-3636. Do you have a buyer or seller in the Richmond, VA area?

Mason Packard, ABR, GRI, Realtor
Long and Foster Realtors

*Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
... 5 6 7 8 9 ...
Search Advice
Popular Cities in Richmond County