Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Quality of Life in Rhode Island : Real Estate Advice

  • All111
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying61
  • Home Selling10
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 2
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Goggie answered:
If he sells the house in new york and I get my share. I would love to buy one in ri
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 3, 2007
Ute Ferdig answered:
Hi Goggie. I don't know where deeds are recorded in the state where the property is located. I would suggest that you talk to a real estate agent in the town where the property is. The agent should be able to access current ownership records. If you find that your name is no longer on the deed, you'll have to seek legal advice. It sounds like you are still married as you say that you have been separated for 19 years. While you probably could file a dissolution of marriage or legal separation action in your state, that state court might not have jurisdiction to decide matters that involve real property located in another state. Since you are asking whether taking you off the title is legal, you are asking for legal advice. Only attorneys licensed in the state whose laws are involved may give legal advice. Real estate professional sare prohibited from giving legal advice and you should not rely on anything you read on the Internet as legal advice. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice