Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Redlands : Real Estate Advice

  • All93
  • Local Info7
  • Home Buying29
  • Home Selling5
  • Market Conditions6

Activity 50
Wed Aug 23, 2017
Matthew Bartlett answered:
Hi Eileen,

I do not see FHA giving approval for the financing on the home with an un-permitted addition. While the construction may look sound and the work completed by a licensed Contractor, it was not permitted. I recommend that you speak with your Lender on this matter right away prior to submitting an offer. Should you be in your designated inspection perid of escrow (typically within 17 days after offer acceptance, unless otherwise agreed to in writing), then you will need to speak with your Lender quickly. Should your Lender come back with a no on loan approval, you will have time to cancel escrow and get your good faith deposit back. Good luck!

Warmest Regards,

... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Real Estate Masters Group answered:
Agents can request you use their lender, but it is not required. If you want to get an accepted offer you may choose to use therr lender. AS-IS is used but California does not allow for as-is technically. They just may not agree to do any repairs if needed or required. You still have a right to cancel. Flip properties do not really change your interest rate unless you are buying as an investment. They may require a second appraisal if property has been sold in the last 90 days. If you need assistance please contact us. We have lenders and great agents to help you. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Shannon Sherman answered:
Your best bet is to contact the listing agent. Here is thier contact information:


Diana Varner



CENTURY 21 Showcase

7835 Church Street, Highland, CA, 92346

(909) 864-2121
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Boy, that's an Attorney question. I have seen a case like this once, but I can't comment on what you will need to do since I am not an Attorney. But I can tell this, it took a while to go through the legal procedure.

Best of Luck!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Jory Blake answered:
Not clear on the question,but I will take a guess....

If you foreclosed in 2009, then you are clear to obtain a new home loan in 2013 (Provided you meet the other criteria of course) . It is 3 years from the recorded date of the foreclosure.

You will not need the other party on title to be involved.

Jory Blake
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Why were you told you needed a quit claim deed? What are you looking to do?

Shane Milne | Lending in all 50 states | NMLS #81195
shane@thebesthomeloans | 949-273-4161 direct
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Bonnie Kelly answered:

My son went to U of R. What a beautiful campus they have. I would be happy to help you find a small safe place for a student. Please provide me with a little more information so I can be of service to you.

Are you looking to purchase a house or condo? Please provide what price range you are interested in and I will search for availability for you. Will your purchase be financed or paid in cash? I can refer you to a good lender if you need to pre-qualify.
Please email me directly at
I look forward to helping you.

Thank you,

Bonnie Kelly
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 8, 2013
Jory Blake answered:
Hi Amy, providing BPO's was the preferred method when the recent market shift first occurred. At this point in the game, you would be best building a relationship with the servicing companies handling the disposition of properties for the banks.

REO's will be fading out before you now it...not sure the investment needed is worthwhile.

Jory Blake
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Dec 1, 2012
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi Sara,
I am not familiar with the area but I can tell you that the property has been on the market for 82 days. The original list price was $339,000 and was reduced to 329,000 then again to 319,900. Based on this information alone, I would suggest offering less than asking price. I would suggest you have a local realtor help you with the comps.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Mon May 26, 2014
Sandy Johnston answered:
You can always call the local police department and ask for the crime statistics. If you came from a small country town, you may want to check out Yucaipa, it is right next to Redlands. If you would like a tour of the area's contact me and I will show you around, Ive been in the Redlands/ Yucaipa area for over 23 years! ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Gary Doss answered:

You actually have a couple of options. First and formost the best way to find a home that has an available lease option available by using a local realtor in the area you are searching. You may also want to consider looking for a home where the owner is offering financing. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 25, 2016
Jory Blake answered:
Definitely true, although you are offering cash , the offer needs to be within reason. I represent a lot of sellers and if I had to pick a number , within 5% would be the percentage you should stay in.
This assumes the home is priced appropriately in the current market.

Thank you
Jory Blake
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Lon Mapes answered:
James, in my opinion it would be much too difficult a transaction to find someone who owns a home in Redlands and would be willing to include a trade for a house in Las Vegas.

You're best bet is to simply sell your home in Las Vegas and bring the proceeds of that sale here to Redlands to purchase a home. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun May 27, 2012
Stacey Martin answered:
Sun May 20, 2012
Daniel Harms answered:
Hi Heartly,

Typically it is 3 years from the discharge date before you can get a mortgage. Of course this is dependent on how you have re-established your credit since the BK.

Daniel Harms
Tarbell Realtors - Upland
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue May 15, 2012
Connie Mitchell answered:
I would recommend contacting your agent. Hopefully she can find out who or what contractor service last painted the home and if there was an existing warranty.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 10, 2012
George Rahal answered:
Dear Albaby,You best bet at this point is to talk to an attorney (make sure you don't pay him/her a penny), and you can also check with your lender since they should know about all governement programs that save owners their homes and keep them in there.
Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun May 13, 2012
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Ask for the disclosure asap.

I wouldn't let my buyer make an offer without reading the seller's disclosure first.
Certainly, that information should have been available prior to having a home inspection.

It's more relevant as to the condition of the home, rather than who the owner is.
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 11, 2013
Mike Sullivan answered:
Sounds like your credit score is low, or you don't have one. To qualify for a mortgage, unfortunately you need to have a credit score, and yes, have debt.....the trick is to get a credit card, use it and pay it off for several months to establish the ability to pay, and raise your credit score (I would suggest speaking with a mortgage loan officer on the quickest way in which to establish/raise your credit score).

The second part of your question is whether conventional or an FHA loan is better...a reason for the FHA popularity is that it only requires a 3.5% downpayment. If you are able to put 20% down, you will avoid the mortgage insurance which otherwise would be required (about .0115% of the purchase price annually), which is quite a savings to you!

Hope this helps!
... more
0 votes 26 answers Share Flag
Sun May 13, 2012
Tammy Hayes answered:
I have an an agent do this before and didn't respond to my requests to mark it pending, so I called the agents Broker and requested it and it got done. Your agent can also report it to the local Board of Realtors. Our Board will give the agent a warning notice and will fine them if they do not do it within so many days. ... more
0 votes 18 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice
Redlands Zip Codes