Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rahway : Real Estate Advice

  • All49
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying25
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 11
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Marianne answered:
Hi Mandy-Lynn,

I moved to Rahway in 1997 from Brooklyn and have not looked back once. I love the town and the people and there are quite a few beautiful sections of Rahway.

The school system does need help unfortunately but if you are a dedicated mom with positive reinforcement and involvement it can be a positive experience. We have many children win hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for various colleges. We've got extra curriculum courses that are top notch including JROTC, Theater, Marching Band and more.

We are ranked below average in crime according to city data - see link below:

Rahway has gotten a bad rap for many years and I can honestly say I fell in love the day I moved in and still love it today. It's an old town with an old history and people that just wrap their arms around you and hold on tight.

Good luck with your decision, if you need assistance... feel free to reach out.

(I did try answering earlier so if you get two from me - my apologies).

Marianne Power
Striker Realty - 917-748-6165
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 29, 2013
Laquita Baez answered:
Hi Patricia,
This is a two family home with 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, eat-in kitchen and living room/dining room combo on each floor.
Would you like to set up a viewing of this property?

Laquita Baez
Weichert Realtors
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Ibrahim Hughes answered:
Hi. Maybe others can chime in but I don't know a certificate of occupancy to cover foundation issues unless they blatantly affect the habitability of the home. Most of the cracked beams I've come across don't.

What are the "other issues"?

I would ask the co dept what kind of issues do they cover on an inspection.

Good luck.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Robert Bruckner answered:
Flood insurance depends on the risk involved. Each area is graded. You need to contact an insurance company to get premiums. If the home is in a flood zone, there may be a federal subsidy to help reduce the cost. My experience with it is that the policies run between $1250 and $2500 depending on the amount being insured. I could be wrong though. It is best to check with an insurance company. If you need help finding an insurance company, please contact me at and I will be happy to assist you. My company, Coldwell Banker, has an insurance company that can help you. My phone number is (973) 901-1900 if you would prefer to call. Good luck with your move.

Robert Bruckner
Coldwell Banker
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 17, 2012
Linda S. Cefalu answered:
Instead of offering less, would you have had the option of just removing the appliances from the "include" portion of the offer? Not sure of the wording of the contracts in your state. When you say "representative", are referring to your buyer agent? ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 9, 2013
Edith Karoline Jasser answered:
Why not try and go on google maps, or put in an address that interests you and then search the surrounding neighborhood for the transportation details...
So much information on the internet now.... or connect with a local Realtor who is familiar with your area of search and will be delighted to assist you in finding your new home, and also explore all transportation details
on your behalf.
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 22, 2011
Anna M Brocco answered:
If the property was in fact foreclosed upon and the lender has taken possession, the owner is no longer the owner...for any necessary legal advice, consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate. ... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 24, 2010
Vexed asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 22, 2009
Richard Jensen answered:
Hi Jeff,
As a member of 3 MLS' I can find you many homes that have large or multiple vehicle garages. I have seen
a number of them while showing houses in the central NJ area. Send me your email Jeff and I can get you a list of these homes.
Richard Jensen
Global Realty Marketing
908 725 1960
732 986 7732
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 7, 2017
Susan Chen answered:
Hi Jessica,

As a Realtor by law we are not allowed to discuss how safe an area may or maynot be. I would suggest you drive by several areas in the town and check out the schools for yourself also you can check out the community link on my website if that helps you.
Have a wonderful day.
Best Regards,
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 30, 2009
Audra Loccisano answered:
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in or around Rahway, NJ, please don't hesitate to call!

Audra Loccisano
Century 21 JRS Realty
138 Westfield Ave.
Clark, NJ 07066
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Rahway Zip Codes