Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Port Richey : Real Estate Advice

  • All123
  • Local Info14
  • Home Buying29
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions15

Activity 14
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Sylvia Weigand answered:
Sometimes renting is a good idea if you aren't sure about the area. If you are from Hudson you are very close to Port Richey, although I think you will find that there are great, quaint amenities in Port Richey around the river. As far as sink holes there is a website that can be accessed that show the prevalence of reported sink holes in the area.
Sylvia Weigand Mihara & Assoc 813-846-8278
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Danielle Sharp answered:
Insurance rates depend on age of the home, age of the roof, estimated rebuild cost, pool or no pool (pool cage rider) and whether the property is in a floodplain. There is no way to get a ballpark until you choose an area. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Stephen McRory answered:
Mon Apr 23, 2012
Gaile Waldhauser answered:
Hi Ed
I would need the address of the property you ar asking about to answer your questions. Thanks:)
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 22, 2011
George Sentementes answered:
Go to my and type in sinkhole in the search box to get all the information you need, before you purchase any property, that information HAS to be disclosed, make sure you have a home inspection done,, i know an inspector who has been doing this for years, this is a great time to buy in Pasco county, it is one of the most affordable counties in Florida.
If you need more info just e mail me No oblgation.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Lana Robbins GRI answered:
Hello. I am a realtor ® located in New Port Richey and yes... it does matter to lenders and will look at your credit to see if you are qualified.

One way to find out is if you are working with a realtor ® ask him or her to look for it in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) under "financing available." The seller will list "assumable mortgage" if they are offering it.

Or... for For Sale By Owner (FSBO) you can always ask the seller if they are offering it as an option.

I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Karen Levy answered:

Sinkholes are something that should be disclosed by the seller.

Also, When you get a quote for insurance you can ask if a claim has been made for sinkholes on that property.

Insurance companies keep a shared database of that information.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Jan 14, 2011
Jeanne Gavish answered:
I sent you an answer through your private email. You may qualify to have your new home as your primary residence. The lender will look at your gross income, not your net, so be prepared to have that information. Your wife's disability, because it is not taxed counts for an additional 20-25% as earned income. Your issue will be if you have enough saved in reserves for 6 months of payments for each house. Also you will need an executed lease. I sent you the phone number of an excellent lender who can help you with the details. I would love to help you find a home in Port Richey or Land O Lakes.
Call me if you have any questions 352-650-1029
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Fred Glick answered:

If you are a veteran or if you buy in an area that covers the USDA loans, you can get no money down.

The best advice I have for you is to talk to both a real estate agent and mortgage broker that understand this and can guide you through the process.

If you want suggestions or people, email me

Good luck!

... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 15, 2010
John Bennett answered:
Not in Florida - no were in the United States that I am aware. This is basic UCC law. What the seller can do, is to accept one and take the other offer, disclosing same as a back up offer should the first one FAIL. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 9, 2010
Gerard Carney answered:
A contract is only set and l;egal once both parties sign, in thois case the seller has not signed the contract! Short Sales are tricky in the fact that there is stipulation that a third party has rule of the sale, yet this party does not have any responsibility in the sale of the property except to accept the offer amount! What you need to know is that the Third part can change as the process is moving forward. Therefore the new Third party can put requests upon the buyer that were not mentioned before. I think this should be changed as it is breach in the contract but the government has allowed it, You are at the mercy of the lender and don't be upset if the seller has had their fill of the whole thing and become reluctant to sign anymore papers. They get to lose their home and when all is said and done they may still get a 1099 forn for this tax year, which means they will be responsible for the income tax they owe as the 1099 says that the difference of the mortgage and the sale price has become income for the seller! Tough Cookies these Short Sales, and not always a great bargain for the buyer! Gerard Carney, Exit success Realty, 352-206-2371, ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 22, 2012
Meg answered:
The builer for executive woods is Palmwood builders and yes it is on high ground-no flooding at all. I know because I have live in the community for 24 years.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 16, 2010
Debbie Cromer answered:
a cul-de-sac is a dead end street that ends in a circle. It is a positive because you have no thru traffic.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 23, 2016
Pam Winterbauer answered:
Block/stucco would be cinder block and stucco. Frame/stucce would be either wood or metal frame and stucco.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice