Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Port Richey : Real Estate Advice

  • All121
  • Local Info14
  • Home Buying27
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions15

Activity 55
Tue Apr 30, 2013
Sylvia Weigand answered:
Sometimes renting is a good idea if you aren't sure about the area. If you are from Hudson you are very close to Port Richey, although I think you will find that there are great, quaint amenities in Port Richey around the river. As far as sink holes there is a website that can be accessed that show the prevalence of reported sink holes in the area.
Sylvia Weigand Mihara & Assoc 813-846-8278
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Alison Hillman answered:
You can contact the listing agent who will be able to help you learn more about that specific property (and probably will know a lot about similar properties in the area). To find an agent, just click on the yellow button on the property's Trulia listing and you will be able to start a dialogue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else. I am happy to be a resource for you. Good luck with the search!

Ali, Trulia Voices Community Manager
... more
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Sylvia Weigand answered:

Thank you for your inquiry but this property is under contract.

Sylvia Weigand
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Mar 22, 2013
Michael J. Gallo answered:
This condo is in a 55+ Community. You will generally see a higher number of homes for sale in a 55+ community as compared to a non age restricted community mainly because the homeowners age.

The Orchards of Radcliffe is a very nice community. It's gated and located close to 3 major shopping centers and eating establishments. If you are looking for a condominium in the Port Richey, New POrt Richey area I would be happy to assist you. I have helped seller and buyers in a number of 55+ communities in the area. Email me directly and I will give you access to the mls system to search for homes.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 21, 2013
Diana Flood asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Julie Rosenthal answered:
Please see all this things at sell rent
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 17, 2013
Alma Kee answered:
Hi Renna,

This property is "pending" sale. The comments are that it may have an unrepaired sinkhole.

Here are the actual properties in "active" status that you can buy in this zip that are not Short Sales with ficticious asking prices:

Many of the lower priced properties have serious condition issues, i.e. unrepaired sinkhole, roof is bad, mold accumulation, defective wiring, kitchens removed, air conditioner broken or removed, etc.

All the best,
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Gaile Waldhauser answered:
Hello Rob
Timber Oaks is a 55+ community.The taxes for 2011 is $609.00 & has not been homesteaded. I will email you the full listing. Please check your junk or spam email, you're computer may put my email in there. Thanks:) ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Danielle Sharp answered:
Insurance rates depend on age of the home, age of the roof, estimated rebuild cost, pool or no pool (pool cage rider) and whether the property is in a floodplain. There is no way to get a ballpark until you choose an area. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
That sounds like it could be a legal question and should be responded to by an attorney.
I am not an attorney and nothing that follow should be regarded as legal advise.

You will need to read all that fine print on the account documents the bank provided. You most like should read the fine print on their website. Print the page if you find they can not touch your other accounts. Of course, all such TOU documents have the "subject to change without notice' gigantic escape hole for them.

In many (most) cases the bank reserves the right to seize the assets in one account to pay a delinquency of another account within the same company. Banks do not share a reciprocity agreement AT THIS TIME.

It is highly likely, if your mortgage was from a big box bailed out bank, they no longer own the mortgage. In that situation, the investor, who owns the mortgage does not have the same access to your other assets. They will have to seize them through the courts. Read the fine print. Banks are sneaky critters and seem to feel they can do what they please with impunity. You make want to have a chat with an attorney.

You are correct in realizing the banks ability to make off with your other assets, the assets you use to buy fuel and bread, makes the situation WORSE for the consumer.

Give great thought when you consider all those bundles and benefits. These banks are not benevolent critters offering you all this convenient stuff. It a tether to your STUFF! Borrow from one. save and pay your bills from another.

Same with your insurance. Best to use an insurance company that does both home and auto, but don't let one company do both. Yes, I know, the presumed savings are tempting. If State Farm can not insure your home. don't give them your auto business.

You'll thank me when you find yourself in a real bind. Well actually, you will have options and the bind will never occur therefore thanks will be unnecessary. So, I'll say, "You're welcome," now.

Donna, don't let your home go into foreclosure as you slip silently into the darkness. That is the worst possible choice.
Call me if you need help.

Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 15, 2012
Jeffery Lonas answered:
Well if the house is currently listed with an agent you can contact that agent or find an agent to represent you in the transaction. If her home is not currently listed with an agent you can interview a few agents and make a selection. I would be very happy to talk to you and provide any assistance I can and would also be willing to reduce my commission on the transaction.

Jeffery Lonas
Real Estate Consultant
Keller Williams Gulfside Realty
Join me on Facebook
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Stephen McRory answered:
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Annette Lawrence answered:
Just about anywhere.
Take a drive into the community and look for the community bulletin board. Call those numbers on the 'FOR RENT" ads.

Be sure to actually chat with the owner of the park. Mobile home parks have such high monthly charges and these things are not easy to sell, so many owners simply hand the keys and signed title over to the park owner in lieu of further payments. You can start with the park behind 'Wings' on Ulmerton Road.

Who will rent to those with bad credit? Just about anyone.

NOTICE: I do not participate in the sale or rental of homes with wheels or homes that formerly had wheels.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Maggie Hawk answered:
Mrs. AG,
As real estate agents in the state of Florida, we really aren't in a position to comment on the crime in any particular area. However, you can conduct your own search by going to the following website for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement:

There you'll find statistics for any type of crime, anywhere in the state. You can also do a search of sex offenders by location.

By the way, the FDLE home page mentions that Florida is currently experiencing the lowest crime rate in 41 years.

I hope you find this helpful. Good luck in your property search.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 23, 2012
Gaile Waldhauser answered:
Hi Ed
I would need the address of the property you ar asking about to answer your questions. Thanks:)
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 13, 2012
Marc White answered:
Please link to or refer us to the property you are questioning, we have no idea which property you are referring.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Aug 22, 2011
George Sentementes answered:
Go to my and type in sinkhole in the search box to get all the information you need, before you purchase any property, that information HAS to be disclosed, make sure you have a home inspection done,, i know an inspector who has been doing this for years, this is a great time to buy in Pasco county, it is one of the most affordable counties in Florida.
If you need more info just e mail me No oblgation.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Lana Robbins GRI answered:
Hello. I am a realtor ® located in New Port Richey and yes... it does matter to lenders and will look at your credit to see if you are qualified.

One way to find out is if you are working with a realtor ® ask him or her to look for it in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) under "financing available." The seller will list "assumable mortgage" if they are offering it.

Or... for For Sale By Owner (FSBO) you can always ask the seller if they are offering it as an option.

I hope this helps.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:

Go to
follow the instructions and
enter the START and the DESTINATION
and you will have your answer.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 4, 2014
Anna M Brocco answered:
Much would depend on the pool size and it's current condition, heated or not, etc.,; some costs incurred include, higher electric bills, higher homeowner's insurance, chemicals, waters, ordinary maintenance, etc. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
1 2 3
Search Advice