Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rentals in Pleasant Hill : Real Estate Advice

  • All66
  • Local Info5
  • Home Buying24
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 2
Mon Mar 7, 2011
Dan Tabit answered:
I can't say for certain, but it is reasonable to ask the question. If the agent is a Broker, with a trust account it may make sense. If they are not, the funds should be made out to either the owner or licensed property manager.
If you have doubts, check to ensure the person you are working with is a licensed agent. If they are, ask for an explanation. If that sounds fishy look up the responsible broker for the office the agent is working out of and clear this with them.
I can imagine scenarios where it may be okay, but I can also imagine more where it's not.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 6, 2011
Tony McMahon answered:
Not sure what the law says in CA, but in Md all monies go to the Broker first and than the Broker compensates the agent.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Rentals in Pleasant Hill Zip Codes