Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Pittsburgh : Real Estate Advice

  • All960
  • Local Info81
  • Home Buying388
  • Home Selling61
  • Market Conditions28

Activity 297
Sun Jan 20, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Do this in the order listed:

Step #1 Go see a loan officer and a mortgage broker. Don't do it online - go see them. Sign nothing and pay nothing. Just ask questions. The rest will fall into place based on their answers.

... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Jan 2, 2013
Blair W. Cohen answered:
It depends whether you transferred title and are holding a mortgage or you are holding a land instalment contract and you have not transferred title. Contact a good real estate attorney. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Wed Dec 26, 2012
Your Solar Realtor answered:
I know HSBC has a no document program. You must have a 700+ FICO and $100,000 in savings or checking . You can put 30% down. Give Tina Bartley a call

703-522-2200 x3206
Contact: Tina Bartley
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 23, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Consider working with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information including a cma, comparative market analysis....
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 25, 2012
Christopher Jordahl answered:
Hi Edward,
Most banks are looking for all of your scores to be above 620. Your score is close so I would recommend exploring different financial institutes and see what they have to offer you. Since you know your score they should be able to help you with out running your credit. As for the no money down, the only loan programs out there that allow 100% financing are VA (millitary duty) and USDA. For a USDA loan only certain properties qualify and there are income qualifications. I would recommend that you talk to a Realtor in your area and they could assist you further. Hope this helps. Good luck with your house hunting. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Blair W. Cohen answered:
The county local and school taxes for 2012 are $3,416. If you would you like to see this home please contact me.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 22, 2015
Larry Melen answered:
You can go to Howard Hanna website, select mortgage tab, select program tab and view physician program for mortgage loans.

Hope this helps.

Larry melen 412 302-7733 ... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Sun Nov 18, 2012
Sandra Woncheck answered:
Hi Rachael,

It is never too early to start looking. It looks like you will be moving from L.A. so your time to tour homes will most likely be somewhat limited. I am happy to help you find a home that you and your family will love. Pittsburgh is such a great place to raise a family, too. Traditionally, many new homes come on the market in the spring. As far as moving in June, closing dates can be negotiated. Please let me know when you will be in town next and I will be happy to set up tours of homes on the market. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Fri Nov 9, 2012
x answered:
This condo is in Forest Hills, where the property taxes in 2012 are $4025 for a $100,000 assessed home. There are shops and restaurants along Ardmore Boulevard (US 30). Forest Hills is a Tree City USA for a number of years.

See the web link for more information on the condomium.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Tara Lang answered:
You need to get quotes from insurance companies - it has to do with the value of your home and posessions, the type of coverage you need, as well as many other factors. You really can't figure it out on your own. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Janice Caputo answered:
Phill; sorry so frustrating, A legally binding agreement should be signed & dated by both parties. This is why we tell clients that "Time is of the essence" even when you do have an executed agreement the Seller can withdraw if your contingency dates have expired. Your agent should be told by the other agent another offer came, but the Seller can be fickle until Agreement Executed ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Tina Lam answered:

You've posed one of those questions which can only be answered by the proverbial "it depends". You can do a light rehab and spend just $5K or go with the finest finishings and spend $2M or more. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Janice Caputo answered:
Fri Oct 5, 2012
Jeffrey Bennett answered:
Where are you seeing these? Those aren't standard abbreviations or statuses.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 25, 2012
Paperchase8 answered:
there is alot of development in the area, so i think long term there is an upside, great deals to be had for rehabbers..........................
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 28, 2015
Sharon Sapp answered:
In PA, the seller must disclose any material defect in the home being sold. The fact that the home next door houses mentally disabled men is not a material defect, so the seller need not disclose that. I usually encourage my sellers to disclose anything that the buyer could find out from the neighbors in addition to material defects, but it's not required. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 11, 2014
Dan Tabit answered:
You are correct, there is more to it, but FHA would certainly be an option and even a conventional loan may not be out of the question. Your down payment, job time, credit details beyond your score and assets will also come into play.
I would encourage you to speak directly to a mortgage broker to find out your options and either start the purchase process or to take a few steps to improve your credit score. Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Susanne Wagner MBA answered:
I recommend Lawrence D. Brudy and Associates, Attorneys at Law, 2500 Brooktree Road, Suite 301, Wexford, PA, 15090,, Attorney Darcy Dayton, phone: 724.935.1400.
Hope this rec works out for you! Susanne Wagner RE/MAX Premier Group ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Susanne Wagner MBA answered:
Engage a Realtor to be your buyers agent, he/she has access to comparable sales and is your best resource.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Frank E Hammond answered:
it all depends on pricing. No matter what, an over priced house just will not sale. Typically 3-6 months are a good rule of thumb.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice