Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Pittsburgh : Real Estate Advice

  • All972
  • Local Info81
  • Home Buying391
  • Home Selling65
  • Market Conditions28

Activity 584
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Tod Novak answered:

It would depend on the nature of the judgement and whether or not it will impact the bank's ability to ensure 1st lien position. This is probably worth a conversation to determine further mortgage opportunity.

As a local lender I would be glad to help! Please message me a good time for us to talk this coming week.


Tod Novak
Victorian Finance
NMLS #161553
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 30, 2014
Virginia Stump answered:
My recommendation is Murrysville, in Westmoreland County. It is just over the Allegheny border, has quick access to the PA Turnpike, and the school district, Franklin Regional, is one of the best anywhere. Westmoreland County has low taxes. The recreational opportunities in the mountains to the east are the best. I have a listing at 3901 Ridgemont, Murrysville that might interest you. You can see it on If you want me to show you this or other listings, please contact me at ... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 13, 2013
I do. Call me tomorrow after 9am at 267 992 7276
Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Harry Stine answered:

There is many renters in the PGH area that will accept a chapter 7. Most renters or property owners are very much in the same position as someone with a chapter 7. i work with a few Property owners that have no issue accepting a chapter 7 bankruptcy discharge as long as the income and verifiable and your able to pay the rent. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jan 6, 2014
Sharyn Elliott answered:
There are still plenty on the market depending on your price range. You might try searching for for sale by owners who have not yet listed with an agent or posting a "housing wanted" post for what you'd like. I'd be glad to help you and set up alerts on the MLS for you so you get new listings as soon as they are listed. ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Sharyn Elliott answered:
There are! I can refer you to a few different colleagues, or you can shop around. Once you have that in place I'd be happy to help you on your search for a new home.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Robin Lorentz answered:
The Bank who has taken possession of the property has to honor your lease that is in effect until the end of the lease date. They will hire an Assest Management company or Broker to manage the property and collect the rent until the said lease has reached its end date. They may contact you and also offer you what is typically called "cash for key's" to evacuate the property sooner, but you do as a renter with an enforceable lease have the right to stay into the property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Virginia Stump answered:
You should contact your local USDA Rural Development office directly about that. It does not sound right to me. Be sure to ask if repayment ability is the real issue, rather than not having recent credit. If the USDA loan won't go through, ask your agent if there are other options. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Nancy Theys answered:
The condo/maintenance fee is $558/mo and it covers water, sewage, basic cable, interior and exterior maintenance, library, exercise room, party room with kitchen. It probably covers a blanket insurance policy for the building, too. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 21, 2014
Joann Snyder answered:
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Vanessa Swanberg answered:
No, if you are paying for this house with a mortgage, you can not have both. The lender won't allow it. I would ask the sellers to pay for the roof themselves, not credit you.
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 18, 2013
Keith Jean-Pierre answered:
I would start your search on here or Zillow to find a good agent that will fit your needs. Good luck with your search!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Joann Snyder answered:
The landlord should pay for this but if he took it out of your deposit and didn't tell you up front then you have an arguement in court.How hard do you want to fight for your money?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
he probably has your deposit,
he can deduct the cost from that money,
and you can unly sue him.
You can't beat him up,
over $20!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Doug Caye answered:
Your home does appear on West Penn Multi List- Im not sure how much exposure online your particular broker normally gets? but it is on multi list- Doug Caye Coldwell Banker
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Mike Netzel answered:
Yes there are. Though, before you you know this is the way to go for you?
There are companies today that truly can and do assist you in raising your FICA score.
With decades of experience, I can confidently say I have never seen the rent to own
deal that was not inferior to conventional terms.
You owe it to yourself to check them out
Mike Netzel
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 12, 2014
Virginia Stump answered:
Closing costs are proportionate to the cost of the house. There are transfer taxes of 2%, which are typically split between the buyer and seller so each pays 1%. Title insurance and attorney costs can vary, as well. There are costs associated with buying a home that are not "closing costs", which are "loan costs". These include initial deposits into your escrow account for taxes and insurance to get it set up. Always get pre-qualified before signing an agreement so that you have a good idea of all costs up front. Check with your lender to see if family can help, but a general answer is yes. If your credit score will be 650 and you don't mind living in a more rural area, check out USDA's Guaranteed Rural Development loans. This requires zero down payment and often you can get the seller to pay your closing costs. You apply through a participating lender. Somerset Bank is just one of the lenders who offer this program. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
You are desperate!
Your Credit or Finances, or both, will not allow you to go the conventional route:
You need the Seller to help you out!

The Seller will know it, and you are going to pay dearly for this service:
There aren't too many altruistic Sellers out there.

There is no FORM printed by anyone; there are just too many variables.
The terms that can be written into a Lease/Option can be dangerous to you:
How long is the Option period?
How much money are you putting in to the Option?
What happens if you are not able to execute the Option?
How do you know what your financial situation will be 2-5 years from now?
How much is the rent in the meantime?
Who will be responsible for maintenance and repair in the meantime?
What will be the Market Value of the home in 2-5 years?
What will be the Selling price 2-5 years from now?

This is the Ultimate Caveat Emptor!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 23, 2013
Russ Ravary answered:
Time to get a different agent. Check out some of the local pro's in the find the pro tab. An agent should respond within 24 hours. Many will respond right away.
0 votes 15 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice