Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Pickerington : Real Estate Advice

  • All45
  • Local Info6
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 16
Thu Feb 28, 2013
Mike Pacifico answered:
We have plenty of homes for sale under 213K in this area. Please call 614-863-3344 for an updated list or check out
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 15, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
You are desperate!
Your Credit or Finances, or both, will not allow you to go the conventional route:
You need the Seller to help you out!

The Seller will know it, and you are going to pay dearly for this service:
There aren't too many altruistic Sellers out there.

The terms that can be written into a Lease/Option can be dangerous to you:
How long is the Option period?
How much money are you putting in to the Option?
What happens if you are not able to execute the Option?
How do you know what your financial situation will be 2-5 years from now?
How much is the rent in the meantime?
Who will be responsible for maintenance and repair in the meantime?
What will be the Market Value of the home in 2-5 years?
What will be the Selling price 2-5 years from now?

This is the Ultimate Caveat Emptor!
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 1, 2013
Michelle Gonzalez answered:
The agents broker needs to register with HUD. I've included a link where you can search for homes and brokers in case your agent cannot help you with this.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 5, 2012
Alison Hillman answered:
Hey Mike,

You can learn about the school district here on Trulia:

And even find homes to rent here too!:,OH/

Hope this helps,
Ali, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 22, 2012
Linda Clagg answered:
The condo fees on Jamie Lynn Circle is $210.00 a month.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 14, 2014
Vicki Strauch answered:
Working with a Real Estate Agent will be your best bet. Shopping on-line is a nice way to start your home search but when you're ready to purchase the best way is one on one with an agent who will help you find a home that meets your wants and needs. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 30, 2012
Ron Thomas answered:
From here, it looks like 2469 miles,
give or take.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 4, 2012
James Deskins answered:
What are the improvements, how old is the roof, water heater, furnace, a/c; what's the basement look like, garage?, what are others selling for in that area, how much do you like it......

Sorry, Jodi, not enough info to answer your question. Feel free to contact me directly if you want to chat about it. If you have a Realtor they should be able to answer these questions for you. If you, you should get a Realtor, specifically a buyer's agent (don't use the seller's agent).

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Don Tepper answered:
I'm not an accountant, so this isn't accounting advice. Check with your accountant.

My non-accounting answer is: No.

You could write off the loss if it were an investment property, though it gets more complicated than that. There's the basis value, you would have been depreciating it, then there'd be depreciation recapture. But you don't write off a loss on a primary residence.

Check with an accountant.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 7, 2009
tom roberts answered:
Supereme,you can do that anytime,it depends on how long on mkt,etc... are you sure this home will be there in dec,then what will you do?give me some more info.
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 22, 2011
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS answered:
Superme if you are a first time home buyer in Ohio there is a program that will let purchase a home with 1% down. You will be able to take a bridge loan on your 8000.00 tax credit. Ther are income limits and purchase price limits and you must be able to qualify for a FHA loan through a state approved leder to take advantage of this program. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sat Aug 1, 2009
Bob Allen answered:
If you have lived in your home for less than 2 years in the past 5 years you would have to pay capital gains on the profit of the sale. However if the profit is a significant sum of money you should contact a real estate attorney and/or a tax accountant regarding the possibility of a 1031 Exchange to defer any tax obligation. Remember the profit is calculated by taking your purchase price, adding any improvements you can produce receipts for and subtracting that total from the sales price.
So if you have substantial profits you should consider a 1031 Exchange or delaying the closing if agreeable to the buyer. It is rare in this market for someone to have substantial profits with less than two years of ownership.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Sep 25, 2009
Mary Sitton answered:
You can make any offer. I would encourage you to talk with a REALTOR in your area who knows the market. Ask the REALTOR what is the average list to sale percentage. This will give you an idea if your offer has a chance. You'll also want to know at what price other homes have sold for in the area and how many days on average are homes on the market. A REALTOR can help you save money. Good luck. ... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Luke Allison answered:
I would be glad to help you prequalify for your new purchase. You seem like a perfect candiate for an FHA loan because FHA is more concerned with income and cash reserves than they are about pristine credit - and the rates are very close to conventional anyway!
They are also more forgiving for lack of income due to be ing out of work, like you were.
Please call me whenever is convenient for you. I work for a national mortgage lender - not a brokerage and we underwrite a very strong portfolio of loans.
Luke Allison
Flagstar Bank
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 15, 2007
Don Bush Team answered:
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Pickerington Zip Codes