Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Selling in Philadelphia : Real Estate Advice

  • All3K
  • Local Info307
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling150
  • Market Conditions50

Activity 187
Sun Aug 28, 2011
Shanna Rogers answered:
Hi Msmith13,

That would depend on it's current value and what you owe on it (if anything). Contact a local Realtor and ask them to do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on your property using Sold comps within a 1 mile radius of your property that have Sold within the past 3 months. This will give you current market value. The Realtor should also be able to give you an Estimated Net Seller's Proceeds Sheet so you can see what you will receive at close of escrow. Most (if not all) Realtors will provide this service to you at no charge and with no obligation. (They are hoping, or course, that if you decide to sell your property you will hire them as your Realtor).

Good luck.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 11, 2011
Kevin Reddington answered:
Where us your home? What neighborhood in 19115? That is a huge zip area so I need to know what street and block before I could help you okay. Email me back,
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 17, 2011
Claudia Delgado Willick answered:
Looking for different results by doing the same, I hear is he definition of crazy! ;) I would like to suggest you call the local association of realtors, ask for the office that has the most selling agents transactions in your county last year and call their team leader to ask for an expert in your area. Good luck! I hope that helps! ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 10, 2011
Gladys Viruet answered:
It all depends on the market in your neighborhood. Make sure you hire a great agent familiar with your area and the market in your area. Call me if you need a referral.

Gladys Viruet
Keller Williams Realty Sales Associate
Mobile: 914 589 2455
Fax: 914 713 3271
Office: 914 902 3277

2nd largest Realty in the country!
... more
0 votes 20 answers Share Flag
Tue Jun 21, 2011
Janet Ames, CPA answered:
Photo and fax copies are considered legal documents in this electronic age. The important thing is to have all pages of the documents and to be sure that they are all signed and initialed wherever required (with any changes initialed and dated.) ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Dec 4, 2011
Charles Balducci answered:
Hi Elysekalani,

There are no rules. But you definitely want to promote nice curb appeal ... gardening & painting for example.

How much you spend on interior items really depends on the whole package, and on the number and value of comparable sales in the vicinity.

But for sure, eliminate clutter, reorganize furniture, and brighten it up where ever you can.

A decor refreshed with a modern paint palette can be very helpful and not hurt your budget.

A skilled realtor can advise you on what items to move to the top of your list for immediate action.

Good Luck.

Charles Balducci 215.531.2000
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 19, 2011
Yve Banks answered:
Sounds like you need a Real Estate Agent? Yes you have to see a bank statement or a pre-approval. How else will you know their able to purchase. And generally the deposit is $5,000 to $10,000 put in the seller's agent's office escrow account.

Yve Banks
REMAX Specialists
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat Jun 18, 2011
Michael Emery answered:
As they will either have to sell the home on the open market or sell to an investor, they will probably offer you substantially less than you might gain on the open market. In the past, these kinds of companies specialized in distressed properties, estates, etc where the owner wanted to cash out quickly and wasn't concerned with getting top dollar.

You can certainly talk to their representative about what they would offer for your home. But before signing with them (signing ANYTHING) talk to two or three local real estate agents and ask them what you could get for your home on the open market. And also ask them to provide a rough estimate of what you will NET from the transaction after real estate fees, taxes, etc as this will give you a clearer comparison between the offer you get from 1 800 sell and what you would get selling the traditional way.
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Jun 18, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
In most cases you can not remove a lien without paying it off. The lien holder will not want to release it with money or a payment arrangement in place.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 29, 2011
Gary Geer answered:
Investors are all about cash flow and appreciation or equity. They want a great return on their investment. If you can structure your sale and price to accommodate those goals an investor will be interested. If you own the home free and clear of any mortgages, then seller financing would be a great tool to use. If you have a loan that needs to be paid off, but have equity in addition, then the investor can get a loan to satisfy your mortgage and closing costs and you can hold a mortgage for your equity with great terms that will give the investor cash flow. If neither option is available then your best bet may be to rent option the property to an investor or other potential buyer.

All the best,
Gary Geer
... more
0 votes 23 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 13, 2011
Jim Zanaras answered:
Thats why you should use a realtor to guide you through the process.The money you think your saving in commission may cost you either a sale of the property or you getting less then the property is worth. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 1, 2011
Scott Godzyk answered:
Wanda i dont quite understand the question. This site allows you alot of characters so you dont have to abreviate. Just come back on and leave more details by clicking the answer button on your question. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 1, 2011
Corey Buck Mann answered:
I wouldn't. The FHA is a lending option that will be decided by the Buyer. If he/she elects to utilize another financing vehicle, then you have just wasted money. What will happen is if the Buyer is utilizing an FHA backed mortgage to secure the property, an Appraisal will be completed with the FHA requirements in mind. The appraiser may note certain items which need correction prior to the closing being able to take place. Different Appraisers, different requirements. Different loan types, different requirements. There are just too many unknowns at this point and I would rather see you budget funds to correct any potential requirements that arise, instead of making corrections only to be told that you have to complete others. And, most of the time, the requirements will coorespond to what is found in a home inspection, so you may be presented with the requirement anyway. But if that is the case, you are satisfying two issues (inspector and appraiser) while only paying for the one correction.

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Tue May 17, 2011
Phong Lam answered:
Good Morning Jen,

How are you? Thank you for your inquiry. The purchase price can be increased to as much as the appraisal report can back up the property value. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!

Hope that helps!

If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me at (267) 918-1880.

***** If you like the answer - please consider giving it a Thumbs-up & making it a "Best Answer" ! Thank you! *****

Best Regards,
Phong Lam, CSM
CENTURY 21 Advantage Gold
2010 Oregon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Business: (215) 465-1400, ext. 508
Fax: (215) 336-7793
Mobile: (267) 918-1880
Professional Profile & Testimonials:
To connect with me:
Buyers' Info:
Sellers' Info:

Century 21 Advantage Gold Top 21 Percent Award for 2009!
A referral from you would be the biggest compliment you could give me!
If you're interested, please ask me for your FREE Local Market Report for home values in your area!
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed May 18, 2011
AthomePhilly Team answered:
Did the Agent show your Buyer the property?

If they did then the Agent is the procurring cause for this sale and they do have a legal case. The Pennsylvania Assoc of Realtors has created and suggests that all Agents use the Buyer/Broker Relationship contract speciffically for this reason.

If the Agent did not have their buyer sign this form then the Agent has no recourse.
... more
0 votes 13 answers Share Flag
Thu May 19, 2011
Jim Zanaras answered:
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hannah Angert answered:
We've always had co-ops in Philadelphia, since the 70's at least. I don't see how the City of Philadelphia could sell the units, though. Do you mean foreclosure units within an existing co-op? ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 4, 2011
Bruce Lang answered:
I would suggest you call your realtor or read your deed. Most of these programs are asking scale of ten years
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Mar 31, 2011
Robin Brooks answered:

Find a Realtor to help you value your home. It may be "cheaper" for you in the long run to "Fix" whatever is causing you to sell as-is because buyer's do not like the unknown and will discount heavily for it.

Robin Brooks
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Jul 1, 2013
BG answered:
basically, you will be housesitting right ?? I heard Realtor in busy area do hire people to just sit some where inside the house to keep an eye out for personal properties. sounds legit to me :) ... more
0 votes 19 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice