Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Philadelphia : Real Estate Advice

  • All3K
  • Local Info306
  • Home Buying1K
  • Home Selling149
  • Market Conditions50

Activity 2,595
Fri Jun 21, 2013
Jonathan Unrath answered:
The best way to check the area out is to drive around and see for yourself. Only you can judge what area is safe for you.

Let me know if you would like to see the property. There is no fee for using my professional services.

Jon Unrath
Weichert Realtors Media
267 968 1505
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Jonathan Unrath answered:
Its not a bad area Sheila. I just sold a condo at 8030 Ditman St, the Berkley Condos.

Are you preapproved? Would you like to go see this property. There is no fee for using my services.

Talk to you soon!

Jon Unrath
Weichert Realtors Media
267 968 1505
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Kristoffer Lehman answered:
Hi Erin,

Feel free to reach out to me via cell phone or email below. I grew up in the area and know it very well. I'm accessible 9am-9pm every day. Happy to help!

Warmest Regards,

Kristoffer Lehman, ABR, SRS
Keller Williams Real Estate
Licensed in PA - #RS299648
Office # 215-646-2900
Cell # 267-254-4755
Fax: 800-686-7534 or 267-419-2974
Referrals are the heart of my business.

A personal referral is the best compliment you can give me. Have friends or family outside PA? I can find them a great agent. Thank you!
... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Tracy R Robinson answered:
Hi Joyce

I could help you with your request for a three bedroom house for rent. There are not alot and they ho fast, so you don't want to drag your feet on this one.
Call me directly 267-395-0251 or at the office 215-493-0200 ext 1087

Tracy Robinson-Realtor
62 South Main Street
Yardley, Pa. 19067
Office phone: 215-493-0200 ext 1087
Direct Phone: 267-395-0251
I Would Love Your Referrals
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed May 1, 2013
Kim Glass answered:
Hi Nicolette,

Check out the Local Info for Logan Square where you can find stats on Crime, Commute, Schools, Local Amenities, etc.

Hope that helps!
-Kim, Community Manager
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 15, 2013
Peter McNicholas answered:
The stack pipe for that block is between the stairs and the heater in the middle of the basement on the same wall where the heater is located. I was just in a house on that block 3 days ago. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed May 15, 2013
csbyers answered:
Sun Apr 14, 2013
Jennifer Geddes answered:
I would be happy to discuss the details of your home as well as comps.
If you can please let me know a good time for us to connect, we can talk further and determine ways I can assist.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
484-995-2155 cell
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Dmytro V. Bova answered:
There is hardly anything safe in between. Any other good area outside of center city is a bit away from I-95. Some areas of North East Phila may be OK but they are far from center city.
Northern Liberties and Fishtown are a bit closer but not more than bu a mile..
There is no truly good area sort of in between or more exactly the middle.. I would strongly suggest Art Museum Area in this case.
Please feel free to contact me any time. I will do searches for you to find something that will fit your budget.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark - The Diamond Group-Real Estate Sales
Main Line Investors Group - Property Management
City Avenue Shopping Center
7708 City Ave., Suite 219
Philadelphia, PA 19151
Tel: 610-348-8389
Tel: 610-449-1919 x.223
Licensed In Pennsylvania

Dmytro V. Bova
Bova Property Group

~ Never Stop Building!
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Daniel Schwartzman answered:
Hi Billi,

Please email me at so we could talk more in detail. I want to see how I can help you find your next home. I assume that you are looking to buy rather than rent. In order to get a loan from a lender you would have to talk to a mortgage adviser, and I can certainly refer you to some good ones. After and if you get approved we can then start the process of looking for a home for you.
Please email me at the above address so we can get started.

Have a great day!

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Lalaena Gonzalez-Figueroa answered:
It's outrageously expensive in Philly proper. Can you get away with taxis and public transport?
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 22, 2013
Christopher Blouch answered:
Hi Dean,
If you email me (, I can email you all available homes that meet your criteria tonight. I'd be happy to help & I live in that area!
Thank you,
Christopher Blouch
Keller Williams Real Estate
... more
0 votes 10 answers Share Flag
Fri May 17, 2013

Yes, we should be able to help you out. You can call or email me so we can talk more about it. 215-874-0125 or or

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Scotty Gullaksen answered:
Hi Sharon,

I can do a search for you on our MLS System for lease purchase properties. Just tell me what you are looking for and your monthly budget for rent.

You can email me:
Or call me at: 610.453.9898
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Tim Moore answered:
Before you close on the property you will get a policy. Let's say it is $600. The lender will bill you for it at closing and they will start adding $50 to your monthly payment so next year there will be $600 in the escrow account to be able to pay for the policy next year with that money that is set aside. Let's say that during the year you manage to reduce the amount of the policy so the bank will be now taking out too much each month and you will have an overage next year and they might just have to add $40 each month next year. The bank's escrow dept won't reduce the monthly amount they are adding until next year. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Dan Tabit answered:
Lenders look at credit first, income second, the asset next. If your income is part time, chances are it isn't very much. If its part time and short time, which many part time jobs are, they will have a hard time expecting it to be permanent enough to rely on.
Hard money lenders are also called equity lenders. They want a lot of cash into the deal and the rest of the deal has to make sense. They charge higher fees and rates than conventional or portfolio lenders. You have to still show them you have the capacity to pay them back. Hard money loans are also typically short term, so you'll need to have permanent financing lined up in 3-6 months in many cases.
Adding that this is likely to be a non owner occupied property only makes this more complex. NOO loans generally require 25% down to start and they still want the income and assets to make sense.
You can talk to some mortgage brokers; ask if they have portfolio products which offer different guidelines than conventional. I'm not aware of any way to do what you are asking, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Decide a few details before you proceed though. Will you live in it or not? How much will you put down and what will you have in reserve? Can you go to full time employment or get a second part time job?
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
As i have been advising folks please deal with and obtain advise in you market area. I feel that a 4 month pre-approveal is too long since the Mortgage provider is going to require new credit checks and income statements about every 30 days so there will be an increase in cost to you and the market in Philadelphia does not have Seller willing to wait 120 or more days to go to settlement. You should be able to locate a house in 30days and settle in another 30 to 45 days. Maybe you should wait anther month and the look. A Realtor should be able to refer you to someone that can give a good idea of what you can afford.

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Robert Weiss answered:
Hi Kathy,

What is your question?

Robert Weiss
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 21, 2013
ShannonNicole answered:
My dad was living in his apartment and using his SSI to pay for rent. Im pretty sure that if you have steady income with SSI, you can tell the rental complex this or apartment, and they will know how to work with you. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 1, 2015
allan erps,ABR,SFR answered:
In my area they would be things like the inspection, Insurance premium, and any up front fees charged by a Mortgage Broker.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...
Search Advice