Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Financing in Peoria : Real Estate Advice

  • All158
  • Local Info8
  • Home Buying39
  • Home Selling4
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 8
Wed Jan 29, 2014
Daniella Hauptmann answered:
Call First Rate Home Mortgage to go over your options. They handle a lot of refinances in California. Their fees and rates are very low. 1-866-200-9989
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Paul Paich answered:
Call Leo Zuniga 602-332-0420. He has a network of hard money lenders.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Steffy Hristova answered:
The MLS has a field that is searchable "Seller carryback".
Let me know if you'd like me to set up a search for you and you will be notified any time a home that can be purchased with a Seller carryback financing.
You can also search by yourself on my website - under the "Search Like a Realtor" section.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jun 8, 2012
Doug McVinua answered:

As long as you work with a very good loan officer you should be fine.

Loans are declined in many situations due to surprises and or incomplete paperwork at the front end.

My success rate with buyers is almost 100% when buyers follow our lead and use recommended loan officers etc. I can't think of the last time a Pre-Approved buyer was later declined that followed professional advice.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Tom Buoni II answered:
You sound like a very strong candidate to obtain a loan and purchase a home. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further and answer any questions you may have about the home buying process.
Please call 480-316-1652 or email any time.


Tom Buoni

480-316-1652 (cell)

877-814-5764 (efax)

... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Wed May 2, 2012
Bill Parker, CPA* answered:
Hi Zman:

If your wife qualified for the loan on her own and title is in just her name, I believe the only document you should have to sign is a document acknowledging your wife is taking the property as Sole and Separate and, therefore, you have no interest in the property. In fact, if this is how the property was held previously, that fact has already been established and you should not have to sign anything.

I would read the document(s) they are having you sign over very carefully and make sure they are doing what you want, as opposed to what they want to have happen. In other words, make sure they are not somehow getting your guarantee on the loan, if that is not what you want.

This is best asked of a title person. Maybe there is one out there who will chime in, or if you do not get a definitive answer let me know and I will ask my title person.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 6, 2011
Tim Moore answered:
Age does not play a roll in the rate. I know that lenders look at a portfolio with some skepticism because the funds are not liquid and might be stocks or bonds which can loose value overnight. They should look at the portfolio as being better than having nothing at all but they don't look at the face value as you do. Speak to your lender for a better understanding. The lender might suggest shifting some of the funds in the portfolio into something more desirable to the lender which might be ok for you to do. ... more
0 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Sat Jan 23, 2010
Linda Remington answered:
Typically you are given the packet you describe at the time you sign....essentially expedites the requirement that you have a copy of everything you sign. After closing you should receive your deed after it has been filed as well as a copy of the final HUD that has been signed by al parties. This will often take a couple months. Just call the title company. I believe the HUD is all the IRS will be interest in seeing a copy of if required when filing your taxes. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice