Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Pennsylvania Furnace : Real Estate Advice

  • All19
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Tony McMahon answered:
You should get in touch with a local title company or Real Estate attorney to get the proper explanation of the fees involved in the transfer of ownership.
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 18, 2011
Christopher Lefebvre answered:
It sounds like you have already made up your mind (that you won't agree to this proposal) and I don't blame you. If you are still interested in the house have your buyer';s agent try to negotiate a deal that is acceptable to you. it is hard to tell if the seller will change his or her mind. The only way to find out is to try to negotiate and find out. If the seller isn't willing to negotiate and agree to terms that are acceptable to you, you might have to move on. Inspecting the septic system is certainly prudent on your part and you shouldn't have to fix or repair it if something is discovered. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 26, 2010
Terrence Charest answered:
You really should ask your real estate agent that question. If you are not working with one now, you should get one. Real estate closing costs can vary depending on price of the property, down payment, insurance costs, lender fees, title insurance, tax certification, etc, etc, etc. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 3, 2010
Scott Miller answered:
Hi Jonjon. It sounds to me like the tenant has a claim against the owner's insurance. This was not a flood caused by an 'act of G-d', it was a septic tank. I don't know what your limits are in PA for small claims lawsuits, but if I were in the position of the tenant, I'd file a suit against the owner and his insurance company.

If the tenant has easy access to an attorney that can guide him, that would be ultra-helpful.


Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Sep 29, 2010
Terrence Charest answered:
Fri Sep 24, 2010
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
You should call an attorney for answers to these questions. It is possible to put someone else's name on the deed with yours, even though he is not on the mortgage. But please call an attorney to ask how to do this. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Wed Aug 25, 2010
Mary Ann Kilpatrick asked:
Sun Aug 15, 2010
Ryan Smith answered:
Hi Cheryl,

Your question is clear? Are you waiting for a call back after you left a message for some help? Usually I would answer back within the hour.

Good Luck!

Chris Blasic
Realty World & Associates
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Aug 15, 2010
Erica Ramus, MRE answered:
Every agent is different, and works differently. Some who use smartphones and pda's may receive your message and return the call within 15 or 30 minutes. There are other agents who are working part time, or who have limited access to emails who take days to return a call.

Don't work with an agent who doesn't return calls promptly. If you called or emailed someone and they don't respond in a timely manner, find another agent who does.

I was on a listing appointment yesterday and the seller called 2 of us. I responded in 30 minutes. When I met with the seller, it was a week later and that other agent still did not return her original call. Not good.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Jun 27, 2010
Robert asked:
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat May 1, 2010
Jeaninecllns asked:
Sat Apr 3, 2010
Maureen Francis & Dmitry Koublitsky answered:
It is increasingly common for a seller's agent to hold the earnest money, especially with bank owned properties.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 29, 2010
Bev Kalb answered:
I have run into this with bank forclosures. I would suggest you and your client call each utility to make sure you both rec. the same response. Most likely municipal water, trash and sewer unpaid bills will need to be paid at closing, electric and gas as private companies may not. If bills and or estimates were not on the required HUD1 sent to the bank, that will be a problem as it effects the banks bottom line. Generally the title company calls for the certs. prior to sending the requested HUD1 but not electric and gas. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Mon Mar 15, 2010
Terrence Charest answered:

The way I understand it, you would need to just pass the legal portion of the exam. I believe I know of someone who is licensed in NJ and got their PA license. I will look them up and send you the info. It may take a bit of time though.

Terrence Charest, e-Pro
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice