Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Rental Basics in Pennsylvania : Real Estate Advice

  • All539
  • Local Info16
  • Home Buying308
  • Home Selling58
  • Market Conditions8

Activity 122
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Robin Lorentz answered:
The Bank who has taken possession of the property has to honor your lease that is in effect until the end of the lease date. They will hire an Assest Management company or Broker to manage the property and collect the rent until the said lease has reached its end date. They may contact you and also offer you what is typically called "cash for key's" to evacuate the property sooner, but you do as a renter with an enforceable lease have the right to stay into the property. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Joann Snyder answered:
The landlord should pay for this but if he took it out of your deposit and didn't tell you up front then you have an arguement in court.How hard do you want to fight for your money?
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
he probably has your deposit,
he can deduct the cost from that money,
and you can unly sue him.
You can't beat him up,
over $20!
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Sheri Curci answered:
Good afternoon Kathy,

We have a site that provides more real time listing rentals within a 24-48 hr status change.

Feel free to use it and please call us if you see anything of interest?

Please use the referenced site below.

All the best John and Sheri Curci RE/MAX 215-757-2889
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sat Mar 16, 2013
Wbg answered:
Have her send him notice that she is escrowing the rent until all the repairs are done...make sure she documents the repairs and escrows the to entering the apartment whenever he feels like it...she doesn't have to grant him access without reasonible notice...if he's insistent call the police...tenants have the right to a reasonible expectation of privacy..?and if she was my mom I'd have to have a private talk with him about manners and respect... ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Debra (Debbie) Rose answered:
Wouldn't the landlord want to verify employment BEFORE the tenant moves in?
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Chad answered:
I personally do not know about this, but living in Easton since 2010 I can tell you the apartments you find here (and Bethlehem) are very cheap compared to NYC. I've seen decent ones for about $600 - $700/mo. You might have to put a down deposit, most likely. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
The City of Philadelphia as of 12/21/2012 Requires that a Lead Base Paint Certification be done every two years and when there is a change in Tenants this information is available from the Landlord any questions can be asked at the 311 City of Philadelphia Dept of L&I. Please call me at 215-725-5700 X49 if I can help

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Charles Rorive answered:
The only suggestion I would have is to contact the county assessor where you live and ask them for the names of the landowners on title. These would be the people that have the right to rent the property unless it is through a property management company or someone with a power of attorney.

Some, but not all counties have this information available on line...

Best of luck.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Feb 6, 2013
Michael Solomon answered:
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Fred Glick answered:
The lender when they foreclose technically wipe out your lease. But, every lender is different. Some will file immediately to get possession and sometimes you'll be able to stay for years.

They, at some point, will contact you. Wait and see what happens. You might get very lucky but be prepared to move soon.

Also, now and right after the foreclosure, don't expect anyone to do any repairs since the lease is void.

Good luck!

Fred Glick

Broker/Owner, Multi-state Licensed Real Estate Brokerage U S Spaces, Inc.
Managing Member, NMLS Certified Mortgage Brokerage U S Loans Mortgage LLC

215.238.9400 East Coast
415.683.6950 West Coast

2043 Locust Street Phila, PA 19103 215.829.8850 x201
4354 Perlita Ave Los Angeles, CA 90039 310-741-7179

Licensed Real Estate Broker PA- U S Spaces, Inc.
Real Estate Broker, CA Dept of Real Estate DRE#01507615
NJ Licensed Real Estate Salesperson- U S Spaces

U S Loans Mortgage LLC #51022
Licensed by the Commonwealth of PA Department of Banking,
Virginia State Corporations Commission, License #MC-4943, State of Florida
California licensed with Signet Mortgage, NMLS# 168365, DRE#01403423
Personal Virginia Mortgage License #MLO-523VA
NMLS Test Certified National License #133975 for live rates and online mortgage application
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Sheri Curci answered:
Good Evening Yvinikkikenny,

Actually since the Patriot Act going in effect in the Bush Administration.... oRt investors require a Credit Check for confirming the behavior of past payments.... also check for evictions reports to municipal courts AND to confirm that the prospect tenant is NOT a active Felon.....

Its not gonna get easier with this Gun Issue occurring.... a lot of paranoia out there... Hopefully this will calm down

All the best John Curci RE/MAX 215-757-2889
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Kenneth Gerrick answered:
Property Management works well, Prudential Bob Yost Homesale Services now rents homes.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Philip J. Cunningham Sr answered:
Rents are set be the owner the way I see it you never know till you try if you have a good credit report with good score and depending how long it's been on the market you never know all they can say is no and keep your application fee so ask before you spend the money. Just ask will you accept less they might do it. Any qurestions just call me 215-725-5700 X49. I've had owners do it

Philip J. Cunningham Sr
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA 19152
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Oct 15, 2012
Robert Travers answered:
Yes, the property needs to be licensed as a rental. I have provided a link for the PDF version of the application. If you have any other questions feel free to call me at 267-257-4051

Your Real Estate Professional,

Robert Travers
PA Lic No: RS316370
Oh, by the way I'm never too busy for your referrals!

Keller Williams Main Line Realty
720 W. Lancaster Ave
Bryn Mawr Pa 19010
Mobile: (267)257-4051
Ph: (610)520-6599
Of: (610)520-0100
Fax: (610)520-1835

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Rosemaryshouse asked:
Sun Feb 10, 2013
Michele Somers answered:
Let me know if you need help finding an agent in Pennsylvania. Be prepared to rent versus rent to own. Sometimes on rent to own or lease purchase they need some money down over what is usually required on just a rental. Lease purchase is also set up where there is a contract price for the purchase to occur at a later date, however the property may not be worth that price and your initial deposit could be lost if you are unable to get financing later on. May be better to rent (with or without purchase option), depending on market value incline or decline and/or make a lease purchase (or rent to own) subject to the appraised value (ie. Seller agrees to reduce the contract price to the current appraised value or return initial deposit in the event of cancellation). Good luck in your venture. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Joshua Stein answered:
Your lease gives you the right to live there, but at the end of the day, you live in your landlord's place. You can't just change the locks. Trying to keep your landlord out is most likely a violation of your lease on your part, and could lead to your eviction.

The standard lease calls for the landlord to give reasonable care to give that notice, but it is not a requirement. In fact, the next part says the landlord can enter whenever they want if necessary, and to inform you within a certain amount of time as to the nature of the visit and who was there.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Sep 3, 2012
Pamela Shemet answered:

I would recommend making monthly payments.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
1 2 3 4 5 6
Search Advice